New 2017 Shimano Drivetrain Additions

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Ducky there is no single track I ride that I have spun out a 32-11. Sure fire roads I have wanted more but single track definitely not....And the single track is the whole reason I ride... So this is what I want my bike set up for...
XC Enduro race courses are rarely all singletrack, and that's where the top end comes into play, so it's nice to have it on hand.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
The shift from 32t to 30t would be because of the popularity 29"wheels I imagine.
even 27.5" is an increase over 26" which a lot of the older chainring sizes was based off.

shimano offer 2x11 don't they?
shimano 11spd with a sram cassette gives you 40-10, which is the same top gear as 44-11

that said, i only just wound out my bike last weekend... with a 28t chainring :lol: ~57km/h on the 10t cog.

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I thought that just the external measurement got smaller...thinner plates? Oh well, learn something new!

moorey

call me Mia
It did actually, but it's close enough to not matter.
The only drops I've ever had on a clutched/NW were a couple while running a 9sp chain. There weren't many, and I can't prove it was that....but it stopped again when I ran a 10x chain on same drivetrain.