new alpinestar neckbrace

Viv92

Eats Squid
LOL!

I'm off to surgery in a few days after my crashing with my Leatt. Sure, it saved my neck, but left me with an overlapping collar bone.
You are not having a good run this year at all welshy! What happened? Do you need yet another helmet too?

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You are not having a good run this year at all welshy! What happened? Do you need yet another helmet too?
Fucking oath, aye man. It's rediculous. I'll quit and take up checkers.

Nah, helmet is all good. Crash wasn't even that bad, just unlucky I guess.

Ivan

Eats Squid
I have read on some other forums that there is some debate about whether the Leatt and the Alpinestars brace perform the same function. I haven't been able to verify this myself, but it was said that the Alpinestars brace only provided protection for axial loading. It is due to this lower level of protection that the Bionic brace offers more freedom of movement.

It would be nice to know if we were comparing apples with apples.

If anyone can find a study that compares the two that would be appreciated, as I would like to buy a neck brace soon, and I don't want to go breaking collarbones again if I don't have to.

bradleyR513

Likes Dirt
Alpinestars might have a better design, or so they say, but leatt have a TLD moto version. Isn't that what every poser mtber wants these days?:rolleyes:

check it out yourselves here

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Hi, do any of you know where you can get an A-Strap from for the alpinestars neck brace. Been searching and looking but can not find one.

Cheers