New and wanna get riding

Ace1

Likes Bikes
Hi All,

I live in Concord in Sydney and there doesn't appear to be any mountain bike clubs near me. I've just bought a lovely Giant Trance 2 and want to get riding off road, but can't seem to find someone to ride with. Can anyone help me?

Cheers,

Ace1 :)

Rik

logged out
You should speak to Terranik on here, she's just accross the other side of the river and I'd guess would be more than happy to meet other MTB girls.
Also if you want to know anything about the area in regards to stores, cyclepaths, training rides, road cycling or anything else like that ask me as I've been riding around this place for too long now.

For clubs, WSMTB would be the "local" club and I'd reccomend them, but MWMTB would be just as appropriate. For riding, Manly Dam, Blue Mountains down south (RNP) are your best bets. If you want to do cruisey road distances for fitness' sake then there's a few good quiet (almost car-free) loops on the cycleways around Rhodes, Silverwater and Olympic park.

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Hey Ace!! I've been dobbed in - thanks Rik! *jokes* :)

Yeah I live just opposite Rhodes across the river in Meadowbank. I ride up in the Blue Mtns quite a bit, and am also new to the area (well... we've been here a year now, so not that new!) so I am really keen to find new riding spots.

Anyway I've PM me if you're interested in catching up for some rides. Maybe you can come with Beth and I, once poor Beth recovers!!!

Oh and don't forget to introduce yourself on the forum in "Introducing the Girls"

Last edited:

Ace1

Likes Bikes
Cheer for that. I would love to go riding. Will send a PM. What happened to Beth? Hope she's ok,

thanks again,

Ace1

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
kiwi droppin in

Hi Ace.....
nice to see more chicks out riddin....

hey Nik count me in next time Im in aussie land (wont be that long till Im hoping the ditch... it rained today on my way to classes n I got soaked:( :( :( )

Oh n Beth how is she doing.... howz her hand after thredbo (Ace check out the thredbo threads for info) my leg is healing slowley

anyways Im on study lave so better hit the books
YAK out....:eek:

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Hi Ace.....
nice to see more chicks out riddin....

hey Nik count me in next time Im in aussie land (wont be that long till Im hoping the ditch... it rained today on my way to classes n I got soaked:( :( :( )

Oh n Beth how is she doing.... howz her hand after thredbo (Ace check out the thredbo threads for info) my leg is healing slowley

anyways Im on study lave so better hit the books
YAK out....:eek:
I don't know actually!! I haven't spoken to her since you were here!! *sends Beth an SMS* we'll soon find out :)

Bethany

Likes Bikes
Hey!!

I am still alive! wooooooo

Ace 1- i with my amazing skill and riding ability managed to KO myself whilst riding at the Thredbo Womans Weekend.

My hand is still screwed and i havent been back on a bike yet. So LAME, and im so over wearing the bloody bandage.

Yak- stay in your own country for a while! You are a hazard over here ;)

Nik- Would love to go for a ride, let me know if you have a date?

BEth

p.s sorry for dissapearing for a few weeks!

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
lol i am so not a hazard u cheeky wee aussie....... :)

miss all u girls so much... keen to jump the ditch gain later in the year

I am back on the bike fitter and stronger.... I rode to course today did the 6km road commuter in 7 min (yes I was the flying kiwi)

Last edited:

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
How about you let me know when your hand is better, Beth? I don't want you riding too early and damaging yourself further!!!

No more "I don't do pink" stickers for you, Kay - Next ones will be "The Flying Kiwi" in green :p

mattover

Likes Bikes
Hello There!

Hi There,

I live in Wollongong, but I'm open to ride near Sydney. There's also a few girls from down here who would be keen too. We could always meet somewhere in between like Sutherland.

Sarah

Nugs

Likes Bikes
Hi There

The last post was actually from me. I didn't realize I was automatically logged in as my boyfriend on our computer at home.

Drop me a line if you'd like to ride with a bunch of girls in Sutherland.

Sarah

Ace1

Likes Bikes
Yo ho ho...hey yak, I'm going to be in NZ later in the year. Maybe you could show me some good places to ride? Awesome.

Beth, hope you're feeling better and hope the hand is ok. I had dodgy wrists a while ago and it was a real pain (pardon the pun) :)

Have been wriding to and from work, but have had to use the old bike (a Trek 4400) as the new one (a Giant Trance 2) had dodgy forks and had to be sent to Melbourne. Still, the boys at the shop tell me it's back and feeling much better now, so I'll pick that up next week and...who knows from there?

Ace :)

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
Hi ace

for sure where u heading in NZ and when?

hmm I raced mountain bike on the bmx track tonight.... I even won a race against the junior boys was mint.... although there was a big crash (louder than yours Beth) so its looking like Ill be doing thurs racing this yr as interval training the boys are even trying to talk me into buying a cheap BMX which I may do.....