new Aussie Top Gear, what do we think so far?

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went to bed after watching the first 3/4 of an hour.

Pretty sure the only thing that made me last that long was thinking of all the engine conversions that little corolla could take ;)

scblack

Leucocholic
Yeh same old, same old as the last two years shows. Three blokes DESPERATELY trying to be funny, and showing it badly.

It is improved over previous ones, but we are comparing them with one of the most popular TV shows in the world, the pommie guys are great so they have a HUGE hurdle to get over.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The gags were too scripted but the content was pretty good.
I watched it with the intention of watching an Aussie car show instead of "A Pommie wanna be" show. If you try not to compare it to the make up clad UK guys then you'll probably enjoy it.
One thing I will mute each time is Shane Warne. He is a fuckwit and is not entertaining AT ALL. Simple.
I thought the star car / ute was a good idea, it reminds me of Josh Button's latest creation..................
I'll watch it again.;)

MasterOfReality

After forever
I watched about 15 mins total of the first series.

I gave this one a go, and it was vastly improved from the first attempt.

Track looks better, things are not as forced.

Shane Warne. FFS that segment was pointless.

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought the star car / ute was a good idea, it reminds me of Josh Button's latest creation..................
I'll watch it again.;)
I thought so too but the track really does look too tight for an old ute with a single spinner. I think a current model base falcodore ute with LSD would be a better bet.

Dagget

Squid
I thought it was ok , got a few little giggles out of the Lake Eyre segments as I grew up in SA , and have been out there a few times ...

The Ute did my head in a little.

I'll give it another go or two to see if they get a bit funnier .

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
I dont know about others, but i watch car shows to see somthing i wouldnt see driving down the street in some old country town. Yeh i see the point to the whole Aussie lake adventure in old aussie cars but realyy?? dont you think people spending time watching the TV would want to see some Awesome cars!!! the drag race, with those 2 guys in the ford and holden smashing into each other just like the UK guys do....really? and what a boring race!!! wow 90km an hour....

I dont know why they bother with the Aussie TG...we just dont have the roads or the cars which the UK guys get.

And when they get a super car (if your could call it that) they let that blonde dude from the hair loss adds? wow his cool....

So that should end my rant. Personally i think it suked bad!!

tc2233

Likes Dirt
I thought TGA wasn't too bad. What makes Top Gear Australia a bit boring is that the hosts are a bit like minded. When Top Gear UK they have Jeremy Clarkson who is a cock and stirrs everything up and makes it funny and they have James May to pick on.
TGA really needs someone (like Jeremy) who can make the show a bit more funny and entertaining.