New Bars

louestah

Likes Bikes
So Im looking at getting new bars, after watching this video http://www.pinkbike.com/video/317966/ about a million times im really thinking of getting the diety bars http://www.deitycomponents.com/dc31-mohawk.html in either black/white or black/red. Im a bit worried about the carbon breaking, how many people here have carbon bars for DH? My local DH track is awaba and i ride there regularly and im worried they wont be strong enough. My other option is the renthals but the diety just look so good!

Ivan

Eats Squid
Just get Aluminium.

If your worried now, imagine how worried your going to be if you put a deep scratch in them after a crash (fairly easily done) or you over-tighten your stem without thinking.

Also, bars should be considered a consumable item if you like your front teeth. Carbon bars are just too expensive to be replaced every so often.

Last edited:

udi

swiss cheese
Agree with the above, DH bars are highly likely to end up gouged and this poses much less of a problem to alloy. The blacklabels are quite nice.

I ride a full carbon frame but still wouldn't want it used for my DH rims or DH bars.

jmeers

Likes Dirt
Been running enve bars for year & half now
There feel great, no problems with them
Only the price, but the new deity bars are not bad @ 180
They will be next carbon bars I try out

Last edited:

SCZ

Cannon Fodder
I use a set of Carbon Race face sixc carbon bars on my all mountain free ride bike which ive riden on DH tracks, no issues what so ever. I haven’t scratched or had any big hits to the carbon as yet. I guess you should use what you feel comfortable with.

T-Rex

Template denier
Im really keen on getting them though, has anyone had any bad moments with a carbon bar for DH?
No, but I watched a fast guy shear a pair off at the stem half way down the old WC rock garden at Stromlo a few years ago. Wasn't pretty.

Does that count?

When a bike cartwheels, the bars and saddle are the first things to hit the ground. When this happens to you, your pretty carbon bars will have a gouge in them, and you will will be left wondering if their strength has been compromised.

Do yourself a favour and buy aluminium.

serge0007

Likes Dirt
The Syntace. DH Carbon bars I have offer a 10 year warranty that covers almost anything you could think and not lost if you sell them on

chopp

Likes Bikes
Was looking into this too. Is there much difference in strength between the renthal fatbar and fatbar lite. Lites are a lot lighter. A bit shorter. Would be using them for am , xc and light downhill riding. Also where can I have a look at these syntace carbon bars.
Cheers