New Bike Advice

Scott101

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

Sorry if I am asking something that has already been covered.

I am in the market for a new AM bike. My Budget is $4000 and I would like to buy brand new.

I currently have the following bikes 10 Gary Fisher Superfly 29er hard tail
09 Giant Trance X1
2012 Intense M9

Having some high end bikes I am struggling to convince my self to buy a 2013 Polygon Collosus AXX.
The polygon offers high spec, for a good price.
What concerns me is that the bike has not been reviewed really anywhere I can find, If Bicycles Online goes under who do I claim for warranty issues and what is the bike really like to ride all day, Climb / descend.

Is any one on here looking to by a Polygon Collosus AXX and why?
Does any one have a Polygon with the Floating Suspension System 2 technology (FS2)?

I am after a bike that will climb like the Superfly but descend like the M9.

I thought the bike for this would be the Yeti sb66 however after a days test ride Youyangs. It climbed well but i hated it on the downhill. So much so it has totally put me off the SB66. I found the ride very rough through the rocky sections. Where they were super smooth on a pivot 5.7. I actually think there was something wrong with the bike/Shock as it would use the perfect amount of travel when going off a drop. I did pay with the rebound and air pressure throughout the day.

My next choice is a lower Spec Santa Cruz Nomad or Bronson. Both of these will be about $4500.
then maybe Cannondale Jekyll MX 2013

I don't want a bike with Avid brakes or Rock Shox.

Any advice on the listed bikes would be great cheers.

Scott

ChopSticks

Banned
hey Scott,

I too demo'd an SB66 in my size, and it turned out absolutely shit on the trails.
Even went to Stromlo to give it a good test, but every one of the mates who had a go on it labeled it 'wooden' and couldnt understand the media hype over the supposed 'superbike'

I partly agreed... due to the wheels and the 32 fork, but I went with my heart and bought it anyway (frame and 34 fork), then proceeded to swap over my XTR/X0 parts and I has since transformed the feel of the bike 100%

How I would LOVE to offer you a ride on mine to see ow you compare it to the one you demo'd.

I'm just glad I went ahead, despite the 'test ride'

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
Hey Scott,

I would highly recommend the new Rocky Mountain Altitude. I just bought one myself and I am totally floored with the capability of the bike. I grew up in Western Canada and have always ridden big travel bikes but since coming to Australia I have continually been down sizing in the travel department. I picked up the Altitude as the majority of my riding is xc/trail/am with the odd shuttle day at the local down hill track. Thus far I have not had to shy away from any hit, hip, drop or bump and best of all the while the bike feels childish to ride. It is way more fun then I ever thought it could be.... Oh yeah, it climbs really f*cking well!

- Phill