New bike time!

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Heard good reports on the ethirteen trs+ wheels. I think the 27.5 are about 1700 and can be had for under $900.

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
Fucking called it!
Also +1 for pics and a link to a post my ride thread!

was all set on a bronson but was having trouble finding a shop that had a complete for me to ride. then a nomad popped up for 3400 new, so i just went for it.

I'll make a PYR thread.... soon.

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
Heard good reports on the ethirteen trs+ wheels. I think the 27.5 are about 1700 and can be had for under $900.
had a look, they seem alright the hubs are heavier than hope ones though and a few reviews say they're not too reliable.... maybe trs+ rims, decent spokes and hopes could be the go.

geoz

Likes Bikes
Dunno if anyone cares enough to read this anymore, but oh well.
Picked up a stealth black nomad frame, getting some 36's for it next week.
Currently not sure what wheels to run on it though, was thinking of going for some pro4's from CRC, but their rim options are pretty limited for custom wheel builds.
Besides, pro4's/Dt Revs/Flow EX's come in at around 1.9kg, which is heavier than I'd like. Any other options for wheels that are worth looking at? Budget of about 900, looking for ~1700g and would love to stick to Pro4's if I could (cause they're standard spokes and easy to work on) but it's not essential.
I'm getting Syntace W35 MX for my Nomad but apparently there is a backlog. :(

geoz

Likes Bikes
hey geoz where are you getting your wheels from.....
im getting my lbs to order some rims from eightyonespices
I ordered through a bike store in Sydney but when the delivery date got moved I called eightyonespices to see if someone else had stock. They were really honest and said they had a shipment coming in but it would probably be a few more weeks.