New Bike

hugh136

Squid
G'day, looking for a new bike under $3,500 with at least 150mm travel, (really looking for an enduro) any suggestions appreciated, thanks Hugh

oriion

Likes Dirt
Hugh, we are overwhelmed with information.

how about you give us a hand and tell us the following.

Height
Weight
Where do you ride
What have you previously ridden
Are you an aggressive rider etc

then we can help you.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
G'day, looking for a new bike under $3,500 with at least 150mm travel, (really looking for an enduro) any suggestions appreciated, thanks Hugh
Would you get an Enduro bike new under that ? Check out the classifieds for an idea of whats around used . Maybe an Avanti Torrent on sale ? Very capable bikes . Like everyone says more info is needed and maybe even save a little more .

hugh136

Squid
Hugh, we are overwhelmed with information.

how about you give us a hand and tell us the following.

Height
Weight
Where do you ride
What have you previously ridden
Are you an aggressive rider etc

then we can help you.
height= 180cm
weight= about 75 i think
where i ride= You Yangs, Iride Apollo Bay, Forrest, anywhere i can discover tracks or make them
Riding ability= I'm a bit of a sucker to wearing Armour, gives me more confidence (because of incident to my sister i wear amour for peace of mind to me and my parents) but i am generally a 1st-2nd type guy, investigate then floor it i guess
previously ridden a Trek fuel ex 9, cant handle what i need it to!

DJR

Likes Dirt
OK it's a little out of your price range, and you have to wait a while, and its YT so hasn't got a long track record being a pretty new bike to Oz... but...

http://au.yt-industries.com/products/bikes/enduro/capra-al-2?c=342

the capra AL2, great bike for the money

personally i have a 2014 giant trance with a few upgrades (handbuilt Stans flow EX wheelset with dt comp spokes, 160mm fork, wide carbon bars, short stem, rockshox monarch plus rear shock) and it goes very well for about the money you're after

off the shelf, really it sounds like Giant trance or reign, YT, trek remedy 8 (pretty poorly specced in comparison to the others i just mentioned), that kind of thing.

you'll get a better deal on a 2nd hander than you will in the shop of course.

will2

Likes Dirt
I'd be picking up that green avanti that is on sale here. Is is still there?
All stet up for you to bomb it, dropper, Zocchi's, its all there.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Talk to Jonny at Jonny Sprockets. He's running out some sweet bikes. Nice spec he'll look after you.. He'll freight too.. Look in the sponsor section and PM him. Otherwise don't be lazy and go and test ride some bikes and hit the net. That's what I do...

v1llage1d1ot

Likes Dirt
Talk to Jonny at Jonny Sprockets. He's running out some sweet bikes. Nice spec he'll look after you.. He'll freight too.. Look in the sponsor section and PM him. Otherwise don't be lazy and go and test ride some bikes and hit the net. That's what I do...
Ask Johnny about the laperrie zesty he has in stock. I took it for a test ride, I was very impressed