New bike

juliancantride

Likes Dirt
Hey guys

I'm currently looking for my second bike. I'm looking for a hardtail freeride bike around $1500-$2000. The bikes i'm looking at at the moment are
Norco Manik
STP 0
Ironhorse Chimpiira
Just wondering what you guys though and if you had any suggestions they would be great
Cheers, Julian

ryno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey,
this is just my personal opinon because i have an 06 stp zero, so i would say to get an 07 stp zero, it has the pikes, juicys and a great all round feel. it's a great bike, for steet, dj and freeride, i would by an stp if i was in ur shoes

Bazzil ballbag

Likes Dirt
hey,
this is just my personal opinon because i have an 06 stp zero, so i would say to get an 07 stp zero, it has the pikes, juicys and a great all round feel. it's a great bike, for steet, dj and freeride, i would by an stp if i was in ur shoes
Think you'll find the 07 stps are pretty much sold out as it's only a few months (june, july) til the 08 Giants come out. Giant don't like to have too many bikes available so most common models are sold out now.

You could always look to a smaller boutique brand, like the NS Bitch, etc. but then you may need to build it which may end up outside your price.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Think you'll find the 07 stps are pretty much sold out as it's only a few months (june, july) til the 08 Giants come out. Giant don't like to have too many bikes available so most common models are sold out now.

You could always look to a smaller boutique brand, like the NS Bitch, etc. but then you may need to build it which may end up outside your price.

Maybe at your shop mate but pretty much every shop round here has multipule of each STP model IN stock. The same with many other Giant retailers i visit.

Back on topic, Id go the STP as well. They are popular for a reason and and this is why. For the money, you cant go much further. Maybe down the track, you could get a new frame but i reckon this is your best bet.

big rozy

Likes Dirt
my as well go with stp if you can get it

although it would be cool to see some different hardies out there

stp is best value

look around might find one better suited to freeride

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Hey guys

I'm currently looking for my second bike. I'm looking for a hardtail freeride bike around $1500-$2000. The bikes i'm looking at at the moment are
Norco Manik
STP 0
Ironhorse Chimpiira
Just wondering what you guys though and if you had any suggestions they would be great
Cheers, Julian

I have an 04 Manik with all 06 bits except for forks discs and frame... Forks may be 05 or so but it is a pretty sweet bike, the frames on them i reckon are basically unbreakable. Do they sell for 1500 - 2000 now... Wow. I was thinking, but i thought rampages or torrents were that much now, get a new model of that they come with sweet wheels and all that the forks are decent but a lil heavy and the gear changers arent too much money to get new ones. They do weigh abit when they have the good stuff on em but i recently bought one 2nd hand, ( Manik ) It weighed like 18 now it weighs 16 and we can still get a kilo off it we reckon, So if you think about it theres always weight to be moved and 15-18 kilo's is average for a good hardtail but Maniks are unbreakable.
Cheers