New brake hoses- avid elixir 3's

camt44

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

I'm wanting to change the brake hosing for my Giant Trance X1 (2013 model). It has Avid Elixir 3's on it now and it is due for a bleed soon (got the kit etc... on the way).

I want to change the hoses to red as I want to give the bike a bit of a cosmetic upgrade (brake hoses, gear cables, grips etc... to be red). What kit do I need- in terms of connectors etc... Are there any you would recommend? Want to change front and back obviously, so ideally a complete kit with all the connectors and hosing would be ideal.

Any suggestions (besides "you should buy Shimanos") would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Cam

camt44

Likes Bikes
Ok cool- so does the bleed kit have enough connectors for replacing the 2 hoses? Or can you reuse the connectors on the old housing?

I've seen these jagwire ones before, good colours... Anyone know where to buy them? They only seem to be in the US...

And I live in Sydney- North Shore

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok cool- so does the bleed kit have enough connectors for replacing the 2 hoses? Or can you reuse the connectors on the old housing?

I've seen these jagwire ones before, good colours... Anyone know where to buy them? They only seem to be in the US...

I'll see what I've got and PM you

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

My psychic power says yes...you'll need a barb and olive (that's the little brass bead) for each end of the hose. Now I am assuming you run a front and rear brake in the conventional set up, so that means 4 barbs and 4 olives.

You should be able to get a local source on the Jagwire stuff. But don't expect it too quickly. Also have a look at Torpedo7, they have some Alligator stuff in colours.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My psychic power says yes...you'll need a barb and olive (that's the little brass bead) for each end of the hose. Now I am assuming you run a front and rear brake in the conventional set up, so that means 4 barbs and 4 olives.

You should be able to get a local source on the Jagwire stuff. But don't expect it too quickly. Also have a look at Torpedo7, they have some Alligator stuff in colours.
jagwire only requires 2 barbs and 2 olives, caliper connector is threaded nipple thing

HFA2061.png