New DH Bike from Marin - Quad DH

bodgie

Likes Dirt
Hey don't think this has been posted yet from what i could tell so heres the new DH bike from Marin. Looks pretty schmichk to me. Not too much info available yet except the fact its 250mm travel, had a tapered 1.125-1.5" headtube and features their quad link suspension. I'm sure more information will be released soon at sea otter i imagine.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/new-marin-bikes-quad-dh-at-sea-otter-booth124/

Attachments

Last edited:

Staunch

Eats Squid
It looks quite nice, but that tube between the toptube and downtube near the headtube is pretty ugly, if it's there for reinforcment that's ok I guess but just for design I don't like it...

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
It looks quite nice, but that tube between the toptube and downtube near the headtube is pretty ugly, if it's there for reinforcment that's ok I guess but just for design I don't like it...
agreed but it was preforming super well in the masters WC would love to see a top class rider really push the bike, the paint theme is sweet. Hopefully its a function over looks bike for a change.

want to see more of that short travel one that got stolen personally.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
agreed^^^ that tube does look out of place, but nice bike though

is it just me or does the top tube look bendy in the pics:confused:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight

A fast rider will make any bike go fast. WC results are a vague, at best, way to determine the quality of a bike.

The whole bike just screams "uneccessary".

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Hmmm, that rear axle's a long way from the two (down tube mounted:confused:) pivots. Seems like a lot of room for wear and flex in the design, although maybe it just lends itself to look that way:eek:
I like the squashing shock concept though(as used by other brands).
Points for trying.

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the squashing shock concept though(as used by other brands).
It isn't a squashing shock style linkage. The top eyelet of the shock is bolted on the top linkage, (same bolt), but does not move from each end. It is bolted to the mainframe.

The Marin short travel rigs have proven to ride very well (with their Quake model taking out the US National DH series in '06 or '07) but in this case, i think they missed the mark. I will be looking forward to seeing a revised design in the future.