New DH track!!

notenufftoys

Likes Bikes
Hey guys well its been too wet for ages to ride so me and a mate decided
wed use this crappy weather to build a new DH track :D
So this is what we got done today. A little drop into a nice wallride, we havent finished the wallride yet. Theres a B around the drop if someone doesnt want to do it cause theres a massive rock we attepted to break up today. Luckily its only soft sandstone and pretty easy to destroy :eek:
heres some pics:

when we started out this mornin

half way at lunch time

this arvo once we were packing up, you cant see the drop right at the bottom of the pic

will keep you guys posted when we do some more

cheers matt

notenufftoys

Likes Bikes
Only about 2m or so. Not very big :( Really smooth into the wallride though, might flatten the wallride out after the corner and put another drop, dunno yet

kermit

Likes Bikes
Isn't the point of sites like this to involve people in the track building/maint of tracks . If a track can be used by all bikers & shown not to damage the environment , this is a good thing . Since I have been on this web site all the negative comments , to me , will make some people want to trash tracks . If EVERYONE on this site , nomatter where they are can talk some sence into these people , we will have a much better disscusion will goverenment to get some more legal tracks . By the way I work for them & know the politics

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if the owner of the track wants to tell people where the track is, thats his choice. this is a thread about someones trail, not telling people what to say on farkin.

Awesome trails man, keep it going. how long does it take?

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if the owner of the track wants to tell people where the track is, thats his choice. this is a thread about someones trail, not telling people what to say on farkin.

Awesome trails man, keep it going. how long does it take?
yes its up to them, they can do what ever they want :), nice track as well.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
theres a massive rock we attepted to break up today. Luckily its only soft sandstone and pretty easy to destroy :eek:

cheers matt
So you are clearing native vegitation in a catchment area, nailing stuff to trees, smashing up rocks and posting about it on the net with location?

:rolleyes: Not real bright really

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I agree with the cat.
When track building,you should view trees and plants as imoveable objects. I've seen 3min + tracks built in the bush without any damage to any decent plants, and no erosion problems,and they're fun tracks.
You're giving us all a bad name,and making political work harder for people like the cat.

notenufftoys

Likes Bikes
So you are clearing native vegitation in a catchment area, nailing stuff to trees, smashing up rocks and posting about it on the net with location?

:rolleyes: Not real bright really
I said it was near the xxx i didnt say it was in the catchment area, its in my backyard, and we didnt smash up the rock, its wayy to big :eek: just took of the sharp bit at the top to prevent too much damage to our wheels incase we landed on it. The berm is on the tree but not nailed to it, its got a back leg and is on one of those stumpy things that come from branches that are broken off ages ago and grown over. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all :rolleyes:
I will remove the location okay?

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
everyone should stop trying to bring each other down, and support our fellow farkiners, with advice, not picking out the faults.

read the announcement about being nice, just chill out, were all here to support each other and share our common interest

Trevor_S

Likes Dirt
Hmmm Couple things... I see in the header for this Fourm it states:

Trail Building
Legal trail building discussion

I assumed from that, all the trails in here were "legal" :D ie private property or land managers permission. Unless they're on private property, why the hell would you not be telling people about a legal trail, after all, most of the hard work in trail building is fighting the bureaucracy to gain access :rolleyes:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
everyone should stop trying to bring each other down, and support our fellow farkiners, with advice, not picking out the faults.

read the announcement about being nice, just chill out, were all here to support each other and share our common interest
Yeah but when you are working hard to convince land managers to approve trails and they point out this stuff (Yep I was directed to this thread, and others, by a land manager) as a reason they are reluctant to approve anything it brings us all down.