new dirt jumps / downhill trails

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
hey,

i am building a downhill trail on my property south of Perth with a few mates. We have only had 2 weekends on it now. But im very happy with the progress and the potential of the terrain. We all used to ride about 4 years ago but havnt really done much since. till about 2 months ago when i started riding again. a few of my mates have followed.

so far we have 3 jumps and 1 berm there are endless possibilities. with the terrain.

this is what we have done so far

IMG_0502.JPGIMG_0503.JPGIMG_0504.JPGIMG_0505.JPG
IMG_0506.jpg fraser going down
IMG_0544.jpgIMG_0545.jpgIMG_0546.jpgIMG_0547.jpgIMG_0548.jpgIMG_0549.jpgIMG_0550.jpgIMG_0551.jpgIMG_0552.jpgIMG_0554.jpgIMG_0555.jpg

were planing on extending the track down the hill more back through a valley and building a few bigger lines when we get better were already progressing pritty quickly so hopfuly we go bigger soon. there about 300 meters or so untill the end of our property so we are planing on adding quite a lot of more jumps and features let me know if you have any ideas about what we should build im a carpenter and entend on building a few ramps and drops

Last edited:

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
went down this weekend installed a hose and built a new burm and built a lip for a new jump/ drop. we didnt have enough time to build a down ramp. IMG_0595.jpgIMG_0596.jpgIMG_0597.jpgIMG_0598.jpgIMG_0599.jpg

we also added to the 2nd jump but i forgot to take photos of that. its starting to take shape nicely we should get back down in the next couple of weeks.

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
hey so we went down last weekend and finished the 4th jump its by far the biggest and most fun. it sets up the next jump really well and is really quite smooth. here are some photos let me know what you thinkIMG_0641.jpgIMG_0642.jpgIMG_0643.jpgIMG_0644.jpgIMG_0645.jpg

Last edited:

T.3

Likes Dirt
Nice track. That dog in the first shot is so big you should consider putting a harness on it and it can pull/shuttle you back to the top.

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
ahaha trust me we have thought about doing that to him he's only about 16 months he's gonna get even bigger. cheers for all the positive feed back. After that last jump we gain so much speed so we are planing on building like a really long jump maybe something around 30 foot im not really sure we will have to wait and see we should get down there in 2 weekends. if anyone has any ideas let me know. there are also some talks about doing some north shore through the trees but i dont think that will be for a while.

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
finally got back down

jumps this weekend. the jumps wernt in too bad shape i thought they would have been worse after sitting there for 6 months. i started rebuilding the 1st jump, we made it much bigger and smoother. we didnt have much time only a few hours on the jumps so we only fixed the first jump and most of the next jumps up ramp. for some reason its not letting me upload photos. but i will try again later.

old
IMG_1482.jpgIMG_1483.jpg

new
IMG_1484.jpgIMG_1488.jpgIMG_1489.jpg

i also scoped out the area after the jumps and i can see now where the track will go should be about 8 more jumps untill the fence line. I can see it all in my head now i just need more time and more hands. i think this area has loads of potential.

Attachments

Last edited:

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
weekend build

hey

we went down this weekend put in a solid effort to make the jumps more flowy and bigger. we also got innovative and incorporated wooden pallets,IMG_1548.jpgIMG_1547.jpgIMG_1546.jpgIMG_1545.jpgIMG_1544.jpgIMG_1543.jpgIMG_1542.jpgIMG_1541.jpgIMG_1540.jpgIMG_1539.jpgIMG_1538.jpgIMG_1536.jpgIMG_1533.jpgIMG_1532.jpgIMG_1531.jpg

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
video

hey the only videos i have are from last year before we made the jumps bigger. i'm going back down in 3 weeks to build the fifth and hopefuly build another berm setting up for the the 6th jump.[video=youtube;HHJXMiXxpso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHJXMiXxpso[/video]