new dirt jumps

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
hey,

on the weekend a few mates and i went down to my block about 3 hours south west of perth. i have 50 achers and i am aloud to do anything i want with it. we started building some dirt jumps. the ground is really hard and hard to dig. the soild has a high clay content and sets like a rock when watered.

we have started clearing the ground and started to dig the ditch

the ditch is dug and the upramp forming

table top thing beafore the ditch for more speed

upramp finsihed shaped needed to be compacted though.

far shot so you can see the size.

the size of the ditch deepest point is about 1 meter deep

the future dirt jumps will be in here there will be some very big ones mabye 2wice the size of the one we have built

the 1st jump.

jeremy doing the 1st

me speed jump

there is a good spot to build a downhill track but we dont know if we should finish thease or build a down hill track that ends with dirt jumps

Last edited:

mitch_giantac

Likes Dirt
looking good boys! keep it up

The soil looks mighty soft there maby try packing it down a bit harder, the landing looks chewed up after 1 jump. Just a thought

catch

slamer

Likes Dirt
Looks great, you might wanna think about some drainage before the rains come because with all those ditches it will fill up in no time. If you wanna finish with dirt jumps at the end of your track you need some space to slow down before you hit the dj's or else you'll eat it. I would keep the dj's separate to the track.
hope this helps a little

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
hey,

in about 2 weeks we are getting a huge dam put in about 50 meters from the jump and that should fill up in thw winter. so we will have plenty of water there soon. there is a little bit of water on the upramp and down ramp but we didnt have much to spare, the water made the dirt rock hard though we just needed more of it. Unfortunatly i cant get down there very often but in about 3 months we will have a house down there. and my parents will take us down there very often. my bro has nearly got his P's and he says he wonts to help build and ride to moto's so i will be going down very regulary in the winter season.

do you guys have any ideas on what other dirt jumps i should build in the free space i showed you in this pic.

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii317/suspicious_pancake/?action=view&current=IMG_0065.jpg

im thinking just really flowy fast dj's but open to all idea's

and would you be able to swim in dam's. beacuse im thinking about building a jetty jump into the dam

Last edited:

JakeGorey

Likes Dirt
Yeah, you can swim in dams, what could go wrong? For the first couple of weeks there might not even be anything living in it, my mate has a dam and turtles, eels, little fish and all that sort of thing live in there and we are making a dam jump.

Batey

Likes Dirt
Hey man just a hint when you post your images use the Image code tab on photobucket and copy and post it in your post. then you don't have to click on the pic each time. Just a hint

jirtdumpdan

Likes Dirt
yeah man looking good, just a question though, why did you decide to build right out in the open? how come not under some shade, near trees and the like?

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
yeah man looking good, just a question though, why did you decide to build right out in the open? how come not under some shade, near trees and the like?
hey um the reason we built in the open is because you see where the trees are in this pic

in the witer that would all flood up. also it is our land and there is no rode near this part of the land. so we are not worried about people smashing them down, there also was a good run in. and the dirt was good and hard hardly any rocks.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
in about 2 weeks we are getting a huge dam put in about 50 meters from the jump
Sounds like heavy machinery to me.

Get the operator to push some big piles of dirt up for you in a row and then you can shape them by hand. Get a nice line of doubles going.

If you have plenty of time with a machine, make a dirt half pipe snowboard style.