New dirt jumps

W.bat

Likes Dirt
Hey I'm after any tips from builders that have done it before.
I have an area on my farm under well spaced trees about 90mtrs by 40 mtrs. Slight downhill and reasonably well resourced, want to combine a jump run or two with more of a speed run. So trad DJ's and a mini BMX track with jumps berms and woops. Any sugestions on spacing and general building.
I would like to do somethng really good here. Like real good such as in the OS videos.
Any comments

mik3yR

Likes Bikes
load of dirt

get ALOT of dirt lol :p
and it will be time consuming, very time consuming,
make sure you get your draining right, it would be a real shame to see all of your work disintegrate into a few mounds of dirt.
and a few transitions over the bmx track and stuff would be pretty sweet aswell
good luck with that m8
Cheers

davieg

Likes Dirt
Just go the pallet jumps, just go to like eagles plumbing or something flog a shitload of plattets and bam ur done, i mad like a ghetto course without even dirt so ur in the clear totally. Just make a jumpy looking thing then cover it in dirt and pallets make mad burms and wallrides which u could intergate into the speed track side of things.

ITS ALL IN THE PALLETS

Speedy

Likes Dirt
davieg said:
Just go the pallet jumps, just go to like eagles plumbing or something flog a shitload of plattets and bam ur done, i mad like a ghetto course without even dirt so ur in the clear totally. Just make a jumpy looking thing then cover it in dirt and pallets make mad burms and wallrides which u could intergate into the speed track side of things.

ITS ALL IN THE PALLETS
Most seriously dumb post ever even if it was sarcastic...

W.bat

Likes Dirt
Just got back from first building session. Cleared two time s 90mtr tracks, one straight for series of larger normal jumps, and the second twisty trail for a fast bmx style jump run. Now just waiting on trucks of clay. we need about twenty I reckon and the local earth mover reckon give it time and they will get it to me as it becomes available. Worked on a local pump track which was base clay and topped with crushed and compressed gravel. Wow what a finish, smooth and fast as.

technoboy

Dirty Imports
W.bat said:
Just got back from first building session. Cleared two time s 90mtr tracks, one straight for series of larger normal jumps, and the second twisty trail for a fast bmx style jump run. Now just waiting on trucks of clay. we need about twenty I reckon and the local earth mover reckon give it time and they will get it to me as it becomes available. Worked on a local pump track which was base clay and topped with crushed and compressed gravel. Wow what a finish, smooth and fast as.
you should have heaps of different levels high tranny's into low tranny's
try to be creative.
Transfers are always creative :)
Also if you need some imput or some ideas let me know would love to see what your building.
these have taken me and my mates nealy 4years now,
sounds like you have bobcats??? we only have sovels :(

Attachments

W.bat

Likes Dirt
Yeah techno we don't have bob cats yet but will once we get the dirt. Certainly the speed track will have heaps of variety, or as much as allows. Step up, step down, and armadilo style.
Once we get some dirt I will take some photos. Question, which jump do you build first, first or last or middle? We have truck access from each end. What is more critical run in or run out.

Oh yeah, done a bit of work on those jumps myself many years ago.

technoboy

Dirty Imports
yew!

Yeah sweet!
Definately start the first one first.
Try not to plan out the trail just build your straight pack and then build lines out of the main pack and then back in...

After you have a Main pack with transferlines hiping out and back in you will start seeing new lines to build every where.

Its really cool its like it designs it self from the inside out haha :)
peace out!

puddles

Likes Bikes
There will be alot of digging but eventualy will be rewarding. try to pack the jumps down so the are solid. use clay for lips hope this will help

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
whereabouts are you?

im in sydney north shore so depending on where you are I'd love to give a helping hand :)