new downhill bike? demo, glory, kona, any other suggestions

Rhys Eames

Likes Dirt
im looking at buying a new downhill bike but unsure of what to get. it has to be an alloy bike but keep it as Light as possible.

any suggestions? an operator, demo, glory are all options but would like to hear some others.

driftking

Wheel size expert
As light as possible but not carbon, any reason why you opt for alloy and not carbon.
The older treks are fairly light, if the newer alloys followed suit you should check them.

Rhys Eames

Likes Dirt
As light as possible but not carbon, any reason why you opt for alloy and not carbon.
The older treks are fairly light, if the newer alloys followed suit you should check them.
yeh thats an option now. umm the reason would be the $$. there so bloody much

aidz44

Likes Dirt
most bikes with a decent list of parts will come in around the same weight +- 1.5kg

as mentioned, giant glory - spesh demo / status - santa cruz V10 / (D8) - trek session
other ideas the propain rage is now very light as well as the commencal Mk 3. Personally have A morewood makulu, reasonably light. Give a serious thought to the GT fury carbon
Haven't heard much good long term on the operator.

How much you looking at spending, a lot of alloy bikes can cost the same as a carbon

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
I picked up a 2010 Trek Session 88 the other day, it was far lighter than my Demo, i mean far lighter. I'm sure it rides well. Demo's pop nicely and ride light but only when they have a bit of speed going. Kona's are kinda in the middle of everything, not bad, but not great when you consider the options. Before Demo's I always had Kona's and I wouldn't go back after Specialized. Though I reckon Trek wins is weight's an issue.

bared 4 life

Likes Bikes
most bikes with a decent list of parts will come in around the same weight +- 1.5kg

as mentioned, giant glory - spesh demo / status - santa cruz V10 / (D8) - trek session
other ideas the propain rage is now very light as well as the commencal Mk 3. Personally have A morewood makulu, reasonably light. Give a serious thought to the GT fury carbon
Haven't heard much good long term on the operator.

How much you looking at spending, a lot of alloy bikes can cost the same as a carbon
the only problem with carbon is when you stuff up ut frame there it goes

Shredden

Knows his goats
Do you honestly feel like your glory is holding you back?

There are a LOT of people going a LOT faster than you on glories....

Bilza_ridez

Banned
For example Bilza_ridez, although his is pimped like sheeeeiitt
exactly, my bike rides just like any other
a new bike wont make you go any faster... it will just cost more money
ride your glory for a bit more, if your not happy with set up
change a few parts, angleset maybe?

Danny hart rides a glory and he can still win races by 10 seconds...

.Sam

Likes Dirt
I hate to bring this up again but Danny Hart does not ride a glory that is available to the public, it just has Glory sticker and looks like the glory.

But yes Rhy's you do not need a new bike.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hate to bring this up again but Danny Hart does not ride a glory that is available to the public, it just has Glory sticker and looks like the glory.

But yes Rhy's you do not need a new bike.
Rumour on the street is that theres a Avogadro-Antineutrino motor inside the bottom bracket. Makes a huge difference in the angular momentum, transferred from the cranks through to the wheel.

.Sam

Likes Dirt
Rumour on the street is that theres a Avogadro-Antineutrino motor inside the bottom bracket. Makes a huge difference in the angular momentum, transferred from the cranks through to the wheel.
The fact that i just saw you google what a Avogadro-Antineutrino was tells me that you have no idea what you are on about.