new downhill track just started building.

stinkyboy69

Likes Dirt
My mate and I just started building this new track not long ago. Just thought I would show off some piccs after 10hours work. Its pretty average but its a good way to waste time. Most of our work has gone into clearing so rocks, ruts aren't yet there, berms havn't had to much work and are pretty basic/unfinished.

very early stages

Post hole digger is the best tool for a perfect set-up for shores.

The frame of the shore (8'' nails work well)

At start (shore)

Shore in the process

Shore at the top

Pretty emty at the moment.

Drop near at the middle before a gap

Front look of the small gap

A small gap

Off camber section planned for here

Dragonwoody

Likes Dirt
Land looks like it has a good gradient and the vegetation/area looks cool. Soil also looks exquisit. Looks like you know what your doing building wise too. I would shy away from cutting/using fresh/live trees. Is this on private property?

stinkyboy69

Likes Dirt
Yep, I got a whole mountain up my road thats is my mates which yes is private property. Some trees had to be cut but we are trying to cut as least as we can.

ilovemybike

Likes Dirt
Looking great man, heaps of potetial!:D
dude is this located in Victoria? If so, I'm more than happy to spend some hard hours helping out, in exchange for some fun hours riding the trails (when completed!)

DunCon

Likes Dirt
i no this land has great potential, looks liek you are doing an alright job tho i reckon the shore recks that track,

this land is good enough to hold a state round at you should be aiming to make a track to that standered as you have shuttle acces through beenak

make it head down the same side as this track as i am guessing it is on the right hand side of the fire road

RUDENESS

Likes Dirt
Looking good guys, nice work so far. I look forward to seeing how the trail progresses in the future.

ozztrailia

Likes Bikes
Bro that trail is so badass, i wish that was in my back yard.

Good luck with the rest of the trail, as i looks like it has a shit load of potential.

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice trail bigfella..
Looks not to bad.

To me it seems like there is gonna be some roots on the trail.
Gonna be epic in the wet !! :p

Catch

fishinabarrel

Likes Dirt
That's all looking gold.. :) Your lucky to have a 4-wheeler for transport, chainsaws and plenty of good terrain.. Keep up the good work fellas..

stinkyboy69

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys, track is in vic!! half an hour drive from lilydale. We currently have 3 tracks (including this one) on the moutain... fantastic shuttle access!! fire road at the bottom of each track, some planning has gone into having a state round here. If 'DunCon' is james then yes it in on the (right side) of the road when your riding down the fire road. We are planning to have a build and ride weekend and maybe even advertise on farkin depending no. of people interested such as 'ilovemybike'.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks suprisingly like my mates trail up the sunny side of Australia. Coming along well, and to whoever posted saying that the shore recked it, go die in a hole

rip_it07

Likes Dirt
shit yeh looks like nice soil real grippy and good enviroment itl be sick when you finishd and dont get slack when your near finish keep it sick all the way through so it worth all that time spent out there

Gerra456gt

Likes Dirt
dude that looks like some fun out there, only 30 min from ilydale? looks cool

let us know if you do a work bee ride day

wimma

Likes Dirt
Ok man. Just two questions:
1. Where is it? (A map please).
2. How do I get there (A map please).
Thanks.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Looks freaking awesome, that dirt is so incredibly amazing! OHHHH MYYY GODDDD!

I am 100 percent in on helping you build that, I live in Healesville, 15 minutes from Lilydale and I'm free all holidays, I also include tools, drinks, food, shuttle car but batteries not included.

Plus I would say I'm a fairly hard worker when it comes to trails, I pretty much built my trail all by myself.

Last edited:

stinkyboy69

Likes Dirt
UPDATE!
Thanks everyone.... I've spoken to my mate and he reckons we'll be able to have a working bee/ride day...

Will be organised ASAP!!!!.
Keep them trails coming boys!!!

DunCon

Likes Dirt
Looks suprisingly like my mates trail up the sunny side of Australia. Coming along well, and to whoever posted saying that the shore recked it, go die in a hole
mate do you undertsand i have been there seen the track i no the land why make massive hucks on what could be a very nice race styled track there is plenty of freeride stuff up there so i dont see why cutting down live healthy trees for shore is good even if its privet property if everyone did this all the tracks in aus would be stromlo with no trees

i like shore i love it but there is a reason to use and building a huck isnt one of them its used for getting on or off a stunt over terain that cant be ridden (steep of camber swamp land etc etc)

so dont start abusing me for my opinion mate
we are all riders but all have a right to an opinion