New fork advice

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I got onto the Lyrik wagon and wanted to know is there anything to look out for when fitting new forks. Do Rockshox come good to go or is there a tendency to be low in oil, grease somewhere etc? Or can you pretty much throw them on, set the sag, etc and ride until your 50hr service....

Flow-Rider

Burner
I got onto the Lyrik wagon and wanted to know is there anything to look out for when fitting new forks. Do Rockshox come good to go or is there a tendency to be low in oil, grease somewhere etc? Or can you pretty much throw them on, set the sag, etc and ride until your 50hr service....
A little bit of red wine in the bottom legs never goes astray.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've always gone with set and forget with my forks. I see a few people from here talking about full strip down and rebuilds...thats not for me. I haven't had a problem with it yet.

teK--

Eats Squid
As with all new forks I generally give them a lowers service after about 200kms once the bushings are worn in.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
RS are notorious for low to no oil evident in the lowers when brand new. Drop the lowers when brand new, they are clean so super easy.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Does anyone know if there are 2 tokens installed or do they supply you with 2 to install? From my reading it indicates they're pre-installed?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine came with two tokens in a bag to be installed. I am unsure if any have also been installed.
Does anyone know if there are 2 tokens installed or do they supply you with 2 to install? From my reading it indicates they're pre-installed?
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I soak the seals in red loctite over night. Run some slick honey and blue loctite over the resurfaced stanchions. It works a treat.
I go for a nautical theme. I replace the oil in yhe lowers with red loctite on the port side and green loctite on the starboard side.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put on and forget, after the 50hrs do an air spring regrease and oil bath change, maybe it'll feel bettern than new.....but then it'll feel like an upgrade you never paid for :cool: