new fork time

binner

Hath shat hymself
ok, so some of you may know I'm a zocchi fan boy from way back and still am. I was about to pull the trigger on a set of zocchi bomber Z1's float Grip blaghh blaghh for my NS snabb (sold my 350's) but then remembered reading up on xfusion and their line of SWEEPS. I have the mini version of sweeps rl2 on my commuter but don't know much about the SWEEP boost HLR ..anyone out there running these on their rig? any pros cons or real rider review would be appreciated. They are around the same coin as zocchis and to be honest the sweeps that have been on my commuter/ gutter hucker for like 2 years haven't failed me yet.
just like that song goes ...."torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool..............."

give the man meat........

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok, so some of you may know I'm a zocchi fan boy from way back and still am. I was about to pull the trigger on a set of zocchi bomber Z1's float Grip blaghh blaghh for my NS snabb (sold my 350's) but then remembered reading up on xfusion and their line of SWEEPS. I have the mini version of sweeps rl2 on my commuter but don't know much about the SWEEP boost HLR ..anyone out there running these on their rig? any pros cons or real rider review would be appreciated. They are around the same coin as zocchis and to be honest the sweeps that have been on my commuter/ gutter hucker for like 2 years haven't failed me yet.
just like that song goes ...."torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool..............."

give the man meat........
What wheel size and travel you need? There's a dude on the facebook selling some 29" 160mm Marz Z1's for $700 with a new upper and uncut steerer.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
not a 27.5, but I'm happy with my Trace 34mm HLR unicrown 29er fork. Marzocchi forks are really Fox forks these days, AFAIK.

have a chat with DIYMTB , they also carry some X-fusion parts . less painful than dealing with Fox Distros, IMO.

Pros: plush, lots of adjustability, Not Fox

Cons: none so far.

Last edited:

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have X Fusion Trace 36 HLR set at 140mm on a Fuel EX and really like them. Made the bike better at going where I want it to go, especially entering chopped up corners at Linga Longa and rooty sections. Swapped the Fox Rhythm 34 pretty early on so I’m interested to swap them back and see if my perceptions are real.

binner

Hath shat hymself
cool, thanks for the feedback
What wheel size and travel you need? There's a dude on the facebook selling some 29" 160mm Marz Z1's for $700 with a new upper and uncut steerer.
27.5 around 160mm for me

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll have a set of Pikes going. They're spotless and in perfect working order.
Lowers just serviced. 27.5", boost, 160mm travel, uncut steerer as it's on an XL frame. RC damper and rebound working perfectly. (much better than the new select / select+)

I'll put them on FB / general sale regardless.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'll have a set of Pikes going. They're spotless and in perfect working order.
Lowers just serviced. 27.5", boost, 160mm travel, uncut steerer as it's on an XL frame. RC damper and rebound working perfectly. (much better than the new select / select+)

I'll put them on FB / general sale regardless.
Thats freaking weird that RS seem to have gone backward with the select/+ dampener. It sounds like they've gone for a very light shim stack.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats freaking weird that RS seem to have gone backward with the select/+ dampener. It sounds like they've gone for a very light shim stack.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
It's ridiculous to the point of being insulting.
The RC works very well on LSC. On the new one I thought it had wet the bed but they're all like that.

My Lyrik turns up today and if it's the same I'll just send it back.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Not Sweeps but run a Metric HLR, and to be honest it pisses all over a Lyric for for both plushness, adjust-ability and stiffness. In fairness the stiffness aspect is probably more to do with the 20mm axle.

sc.

Likes Dirt
I have the Sweep RL2's, 160mm 27.5 on my DMR Sled and I like them. They seemed to need a running in period, really stiff at first but have gotten much better over time. I'm running FOX Factory 34's on my hardtail and the X-fusions don't feel as plush, but they're hard to go past for the money.