New forks for DJ hardtail (around $250)

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m looking to upgrade the forks on my hardtail as the original forks are goneskis! The bike is a DJ style hardtail but I use it mostly to commute to work, occasionally ride it off road on small jumps/pump tracks etc.

At this stage I’m prepared to spend a bit of money (around $250) on new forks as I don’t want to inherit someone else’s problems (i.e. someone pulling them apart not knowing what they are doing!)

I found Marzocchi DJ3 @ CRC for $235:-

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...gclid=CMeo96KX5cMCFRUHvAod8UoAlA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Any other recommendations?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Seriously, I understand where you're going but you're far better off looking in the fork section here. $250 will get you a much better set of forks than those...

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seriously, I understand where you're going but you're far better off looking in the fork section here. $250 will get you a much better set of forks than those...
I don't disagree with you but are the DJ3's really that bad? Surely couldn't be any worse than the dodgy worn out Suntour forks I have now!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
True but you could get a set of CTD floats for $250 at the moment..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's a good space to be in given the wide range available. Best just grab a whole wheel rather than rebuild.