New Frame Shape?

0psi

Eats Squid
Burn it, seal the ashes in a titanium case. Set case in a large slab of concrete along with the bikes designer. Drop in Mariana trench.

tmarsh

Likes Dirt
I just don't get why you would bother.

100 years ago, the bicycle was a legitimate form of mass transport in industrialised Europe. Millions of workers used bikes to get to their jobs every day in England and the continent. Roads weren't great and nor were tyres. So there was a lot of pressure to develop comfortable, durable bikes. The engineering required to work all this stuff out was pretty basic - well within the available knowledge of the day. Pretty much every conceivable variation on the theme was tried back then, and patents offices are full of thousands of 'improved bicycles'. I'd be willing to bet that there are probably historical precedents that are a pretty close match for this abomination.

Bottom line: if weirdo stuff like this actually delivered any tangible benefit, we would all be riding ugly-arse round tails instead of the double triangle frame we know today. Oh, and it's sinfully ugly.

HLC

Likes Dirt
Ugly. And looks heavy (even though it'll be alloy).

But i'd certainly be interested to ride it. See what the flex is like etc.

That being said, i;ve spent all weekend designing a Geometric bike for a mate so my perception is a little skewed lol

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon it was designed while this album was on repeat...

Why else would he really make a 'round tail' design.