New Frame(Turner)

The Paperboy

Likes Dirt
Has anyone out there ridden or seen or know anything about the Turner DHR. i'm thinking of building one up but want some assurance before forking out the cash.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
few

DHD would be the man to see about that, theres a few guys out there with them. personally i know that they cant take a standard piggy back shock, with 8.5" inches of singlepivot travel.

rear spacing im not sure on? 150x 12 or 135 x10? always been one of my fav. race frames...

::RideSiK::

Pro Rider
a bloke that races over here loves them so much hes onto his second!!!

but they seem to be well liked by anyoe who rides them.

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh,i hear alot of good things about them,not sure on the tech side,but they have seem to be a solid bike.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm on one and dig it huge time.
It's unreal. What sort of thing do you want to know about 'em?

Mugger

Senir oMermber
I got one (2002 model), love it, my first dual suspension bike too.

Have cracked it a few times but this bike has been around a bit (in drift 1 and in chosen line) so it's had a hard but good life.

The Paperboy

Likes Dirt
cam-o said:
I'm on one and dig it huge time.
It's unreal. What sort of thing do you want to know about 'em?
Mainly what they ride like of they are real spongy, does anyone have trouble with the thing(not sure what they are called) that is attached to the shock.(mental blank) Cos it is out on the side in the open. Does it get smacked around. Pretty much just general rideability of the bikes. And what people reccomend setting them up with ie; forks, rim sets hubs and all that stuff

toodles

Wheel size expert
Glitzey said:
Mainly what they ride like of they are real spongy, does anyone have trouble with the thing(not sure what they are called) that is attached to the shock.(mental blank) Cos it is out on the side in the open. Does it get smacked around. Pretty much just general rideability of the bikes. And what people reccomend setting them up with ie; forks, rim sets hubs and all that stuff
They're not a spongy bike, they ride quite light IMO. Don't go putting Monster Ts or something on them - it just wouldn't suit. Keep the weight down where you can and take advantage of their ability to "skim" over bumps. My reservoir hasn't been hit or damaged in 12 months of riding although it has some scratches from pedals in the shuttle truck.

I very highly recommend these frames, and I say that as a full price paying customer. I'd buy one again, no questions about it.

The Paperboy

Likes Dirt
toodles said:
They're not a spongy bike, they ride quite light IMO. Don't go putting Monster Ts or something on them - it just wouldn't suit. Keep the weight down where you can and take advantage of their ability to "skim" over bumps. My reservoir hasn't been hit or damaged in 12 months of riding although it has some scratches from pedals in the shuttle truck.

I very highly recommend these frames, and I say that as a full price paying customer. I'd buy one again, no questions about it.
what about some boxxer wc's thats what i was thinking?

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Toodles has pretty much summed it up.
I had a Keewee before my DHR and the main thing I noticed was that they feel super nimble and really chuckable.
Mine's an '04 and has a Romic shock, so I don't have the remote reservoir.

Reliability, the 04's sometimes cracked near the shock mount but my local welder man sorted that quick smart.
I'm not aware of that happening on the 05's or 06's.

Boxxer WCs would be great, I use '04 7" Boxxers with a Mojo kit and it feels unreal.

**Disclaimer: there's been a lot of talk lately about plugs on here, so be aware that I am NOT a sponsored Turner rider, but I have been known to rock up to the importers house and steal his beer. **