New front hub, DH 20MM

DEMONATION

Likes Dirt
Hello Farkheads,
as the title suggests im in the market for a new front hub. i was on dropnzone.com and saw the price for a front hadley was 125 american so i thought how much could it be over here? so yeh whats good about a hadley yadda yadda is the a cheap hub that is awsome? and what about illicit and aerial id like to support aus products but i dont know anything about them so please inform me and teach me the ways of the front hub.
Oh forgot to say price would like to be about 230 mark but still i have no damn idea about front hubs.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
DEMONATION said:
Hello Farkheads,
as the title suggests im in the market for a new front hub. i was on dropnzone.com and saw the price for a front hadley was 125 american so i thought how much could it be over here? so yeh whats good about a hadley yadda yadda is the a cheap hub that is awsome? and what about illicit and aerial id like to support aus products but i dont know anything about them so please inform me and teach me the ways of the front hub.
Oh forgot to say price would like to be about 230 mark but still i have no damn idea about front hubs.
A front hub is pretty basic, not alot to fuck up. I bought a generic 20mm front hub from FTR and its sweet, there is no drive force being put into it so its really not that important. If i was you i would do what i just did, or get an imperial. Dont bother with a hadley front hub, save your cash and get one for the rear.

S.

ex offender
Yeah bugger Hadley off. Front hubs are one of those areas where you have nothing to gain and money to lose by buying an expensive one. Just grab a cheap one like a Formula or an Imperial or whatever generic thing you can find. The bearings are cheap and easy to replace when they do eventually kick the bucket, and there isn't much to go wrong with em. The only moving parts in a front hub are the cartridge bearings which are a $15 fix when they get a bit notchy after a couple of years.

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
from what i've seen the Illicit hubs are sweet, they are light, well made and have really good tollerances.

owning a set of aireal hubs myself; i wouldn't recomend them. Despite regular servicing my rear has failed 4 times and the front developed play between the bearing surface and the hub which couldn't be fixed in a satisfactory mannor (pm me for the dodgey method)

but like the others said, making a front hub ain't so hard, tuf-nek's are pretty nice and don't seem to break.

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got an Aerial, does the job and looks very bling (see my 223). Probably not the lightest hub if you care about that.

Cletus

Likes Dirt
the 20mm aireal front hub is doing a great job on the front of my bike, i think i got it for less than $100:) sweet!