New hayes rotors

Mommers

Likes Dirt
Ive seen the new hayes rotors, forget the name of them :oops: I like the look of them and want a set for my bike :D .

Anyone know prices (for 6" set) and where they can get them, I'm presuiming Dirtworks :?

Thanks.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well the old hayes rotors (i havnt seen the new 1's) were 100 buxs and end so that could be a guess of a price.

S.

ex offender
Ride_Guy said:
well the old hayes rotors (i havnt seen the new 1's) were 100 buxs and end so that could be a guess of a price.
Try $60 for a 6" one and $80 for an 8" one... I imagine the new ones would be about the same.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Depends on the shops markup socket. Retail for an 8" rotor is 89 I believe but most shops add a little more than dirtworks recommend. $100 is not uncommon, especially in remote locations where dw charge highly for postage.

MrPlow

TMBC
dread pirate said:
what is the advantage of the scalloped edge?
well after extensive R&D it was found that the scalloped edge vastly improves breaking performance mainly by an increase in effective surface area of the outer diameter edge of the rotor, increasing the exposed area to the oncoming windflow reduced the heat of the rotor by 200% Ontop of this the disturbance created by the scalloped profile was wind tunnel tested and refined to create vorticies that created a vacuum around the caliper thus sucking heat from it as well as improving general aerodynamics.
Further More this the profile cleans the pads as the edge scrapes through...

Or it may just look good?

Rik

logged out
MrPlow said:
On top of this the profile cleans the pads as the edge scrapes through...
Or it may just look good?
Those 2 are the main reasons... I think there's a bit of legal hoo-hah over wavy rotors, anyone know what's happened there?