• Dice HooDoo

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other, (Please Specify)

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters

FatYZ0

Likes Dirt
Well it is time for a new hub.
I think i have done some damage to my old one and it give me an excuse to upgrade the wheel.
I am looking at a;
340 DT-Swiss
Hope Pro II
Dice HooDoo

If anyone has any others that are around that some help would be great thanks.
And please NO Chris Kings or Hadley

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
for value for money, weight and performance
its hard to go past the pro2s

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
The Pro II is a great choice.

I've been running them for 6 months and they been faultless for DH. Haven't had to touch emm.

Light, great performance and hip pocket friendly. Have a ride if your not sure;)

Ozza

Eats Squid
The Pro II is a great choice.

I've been running them for 6 months and they been faultless for DH. Haven't had to touch emm.

Light, great performance and hip pocket friendly. Have a ride if your not sure;)
Dont you mean its been on you bike for 6 months. That hubs bairly taken a beating!

On the other hand i have had my Dice Hoodoo rear hub for a while now and it has taken a beating and never creaked and has peformed like new since square one. They have heaps of adapters aswell which is a bonus. Pm me if your interested i will be selling mine soon for the reason i want a single speed hub.

|Matt|

Banned
I can't say anything about the DT Swiss because I have never come into contact with one, but I can tell you that the Hope Pro II is like all other Hope products. Fantastic value for money and very reliable.

The Hoodoo is also a good hub, but if you want a little more bling and a louder ratchet sound, then go for the Hope.

You won't be disappointed with either, but I'd personally go for the Hope. The Hoodoo is also a decent amount heavier than the Hope.

TransitionPete

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I voted for the Hope Pro 2 hubs,

I have owned Hadley hubs,Ringle Hubs
And Now have front and Rear Hope Pro 2's on both my bikes.I will always buy these from now on if need be.

They are Nice and cheap,very light.I cant complain.No Problems so far

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
and pro2s are also loud !!! :p
God I love the sound of mine.

Another vote for Hope IIs. Look great, sound great, are quite light, self servicable, labyrinth seals, what more do you need. Only problem is that Chain reaction cycles sell them as fast as they can get them in so it takes a few weeks once you've ordered them.

TransitionPete

Likes Bikes and Dirt
God I love the sound of mine.

Another vote for Hope IIs. Look great, sound great, are quite light, self servicable, labyrinth seals, what more do you need. Only problem is that Chain reaction cycles sell them as fast as they can get them in so it takes a few weeks once you've ordered them.
True I was waiting a few weeks for them to get red hubs in 20 mm and 150 mm in stock.As soon as they came into stock I ordered a set.15 Mins later they were sold out:eek:

bluewonder2

Likes Dirt
hope for the best.

hope's are my pick of the bunch, i've been running them for years and not a single problem. They should hold up better than the dt's and seema better quality than dice. burtecs are sweet, sweet- check them out.

udi

swiss cheese
The proII is lighter than the other two, as well as engaging faster and costing less. On the weight note - the proII's are also lighter than both hadley and king!

It's pretty hard to go past them IMO. I suppose the poll already tells the tale. :)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The proII is lighter than the other two, as well as engaging faster and costing less. On the weight note - the proII's are also lighter than both hadley and king!

It's pretty hard to go past them IMO. I suppose the poll already tells the tale. :)
I thought the Kings were actually lighter. I don't suppose you would know the weights off the top of your head?

udi

swiss cheese
They aren't.

King front 20mm = 205g
Hope front 20mm = 178g

King rear QR = 306g
Hope rear QR = 286g

King's retarded pricing and refusal to keep up to date with current standards (135x12, 150x12, onepointfive), coupled with their vast array of vapourware... all just adds up to a brand that is fading away quickly I reckon!

Their headsets are the only thing left with any following, but soon more and more people will realise that companies like FSA make a vast range of alternatives that are as light, have lower stack heights, and can last just as long... but the lower price means you can just afford to buy a brand new one for each frame.

Wow, way to get off topic udi...

toodles

Wheel size expert
King headsets suck it. I've never seen such a mundane design get such praise anywhere. I seriously don't know why people still rant about them.