New in Brisbane / anyone wanna show me some spots?

wavegb

Cannon Fodder
Hi guys! I'm from Europe and I'll be staying in Brisbane from friday for the next 5 weeks. I'm taking my bike with me and I just wanted to know if there are some nice spots or anyone who would like to ride with me and show me some places. I ride mainly skateparks or street, I guess I could jump some dirt jumps too! I'll be staying in the center of the city. Thanks ;-)

Spotty

Likes Dirt
Ferny Grove Dirt Jumps

Hi guys! I'm from Europe and I'll be staying in Brisbane from friday for the next 5 weeks. I'm taking my bike with me and I just wanted to know if there are some nice spots or anyone who would like to ride with me and show me some places. I ride mainly skateparks or street, I guess I could jump some dirt jumps too! I'll be staying in the center of the city. Thanks ;-)

Hey.

Im not to sure about too many major skate parks as I try and avoid them and stick to DJing. I live about an hour out of Brisbane but a friend of mine goes to the jumps at Ferny Grove. Ive checked em out so heres a URL for you so you can see wher they are . Cheers

http://www.mtbdirt.com.au/dirt-jumps

wavegb

Cannon Fodder
Thanks for tips. But I just talked to British Airways and they want over 500 AUD for carrying my bike so I'll have to leave it at home :-( But I'll come to see you guys riding!

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for tips. But I just talked to British Airways and they want over 500 AUD for carrying my bike so I'll have to leave it at home :-( But I'll come to see you guys riding!
That can't be right! Change carriers. If you take your bike apart and box it up you should be able to get under 100? I would have thought so.. A lot of people leave there tires/tubes at home and buy some new ones at the destination, that saves you 1.5kgs if your lucky.

wavegb

Cannon Fodder
I made some calls and they all told me the same ... too bad and I'm already here... thinking about buying some second hand bmx..

kaji

Likes Dirt
the nearest skateparks close to the city would be fairfield and paddington - fairfield is good at night as the football field next to it has it's flood lights on which gives you enough light to ride around in.

i know a mate that is selling his bmx dirt cheap - think it's a eastern jane with colony wheelset and sunday forks.

otherwise check out the for sale section here - i'm sure you will find something cheap to ride around on for the next few weeks