New Mini Pump: Recommendations?

mtb1611

Seymour
Hi guys. As the title implies I need a new pump - if mine blew as well as it sucked, well.....err, never mind!

I've done a search and the only thread I could find was from 2008 so I'm unsure as to whether any of the suggested models are available any longer. Is anyone able to suggest a decent frame-mounted mini-pump (as in mounted to a bracket that in turn mounts under a bottle cage)? Cheers.

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Lezyne do a really good one. I has it. It works good. I've had it for 2 years and it still works. Not cheap, but pumps up to WHATEVERYOUNEEDpsi without giving you RSI.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Lezyne Pressure Drive.

It's the only pump I have owned for three years and it has never missed a beat.
I can get up to 100psi in the slicks with a bit of grunting and some regular shaking out of the tired arms, but it gets there. Just.

It's decepetive too. Kind of bigger on the inside like the tardis. It pushes a lot of air.
Good quality seals, light, strong, and fits in a medium saddle bag or jersey pocket easy. It also comes with a frame mount but I never used mine so can't comment on the mounts performance, but it does mount the pump slightly offset from the frame. Something to consider if you find it may be in your way. I love it and totally trust and rely on mine.

Not much longer than a ball point pen so it's pretty compact too.

They also have a carbon version. The carbon Drive.

Last edited:

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I have a telescopic GT Bicycles mini pump (no model name - just something generic like 'GT mini telescopic pump'.) It works well, its small enough for a jersey pocket and its well made. Fully extend it for quick inflating, extend halfway for high pressure. Full metal construction. Valve connection can also be unscrewed and reversed to do Schrader. Has the under the bottle cage mount included. Cost me somewhere around $40-$50.

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
get a lezyne....they are great....

have one on all of our bikes, just in case the gas gun fails and it did last month and the lezyne saved the day...very impressive.....

timrob

Likes Dirt
I have a toppeak mini dxg thus far it has stood up to alot of abuse! Has a gauge, double action stroke and is really simple to dismantle/clean/lube etc. 2 years old and still going strong.