New Nintendo Console

aceblueheeler1992

Likes Dirt
Hey all, Do not know if a similar thread exists....but anyway those who aren't aware at the e3 conference nintendo is to/has revealed it's new console. rumors say about touch screen controller, with amazing internals (1080 hd etc) and will blow ps3, xbox away. project cafe it's called..

i am pretty sure the conference is already happened, but i missed the news. so yea anyone with info start filling in

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
[video=youtube;31s_eaC_BGg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31s_eaC_BGg[/video]
Here you go. THE BRAND NEW 360PS3WII

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It is called the Wii U and it looks lame and unappealing to anyone over the age of seven. It well sell enough to keep it competitive but it is still only an upgrade of the Wii which means you'll probably have to buy sixteen different controllers just to play the games. The things they are using aren't nerw ground breaking technology and they aren't settign a benchmark. The Wii did with its motion control but it still isn't that great.
It will not be a better machine than the current PS3 or Xbox 360 and it sure as shit won't be better than the next Xbox and PS4 which are being developed as we speak.

Matt H

Eats Squid
I thought it was crap when I first read about it, but I've been slowly changing my mind since then.

The screen on the controller could be very very cool if properly utilised. Imagine having an interactive inventory at all times, it'd be great in stuff like Zelda or Mario.

Every one said the Wii was gimmicky crap that wouldn't catch on when Nintendo announced it, and it's revolutionised console gaming since then...

jayjay3032

Likes Bikes
I wouldn't say wii has revolutionized the market, it's merely opened it up to non gamers more by making it simple enough for toddlers and seniors to use.

Last edited:

aceblueheeler1992

Likes Dirt
atm wii is still the benchmark and major breakthrough for motion play . kinect, and ps3 variants are just shit. kinect is not bad but still rubbish. wii did good, what makes it inferior to the sony and xbox is its hardware. it can't support HD, shit online capabilities, so obviously 'hard gamers' , which is anyone playing third party titles (non nintendo) would go to the hard ware superior console.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Motion play is stupid and only for kids and old people, give me a mouse and keyboard anyday. I haven't bought a console since i bought an original play station, the only console i would consider is a ps3 for the blu ray.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Anyone who thinks the wii is inferior to the 360 and PS3 is blind. In the same way that blind mac hate is blind.

If you want fun, nintendo games are generally the best bet. Mario kart, party, super smash bros are all genuinely fun and instantly playable. COD online, if you aren't good at cod, is just frustrating, the games are much more difficult, and it's a lot less accessible. In short, xbox is no fun if you aren't already skilled.

That said, 360 and PS3 games have complexity that Wii can't match, fantastic graphics and physics, and a good online multiplayer system.

So it depends what you want from a system, but if you want a system that everyone can enjoy, have a Wii on hand.

As for me, I own a 360. Think it's fantastic.

As for the new console, it will be well designed, genuinely fun, sell like hotcakes and hopefully a mate will by one so I can play the latest iteration of mario kart and smash bros.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just want them to make a whole new batch of 64s with wireless controllers and then I would be happy!

aceblueheeler1992

Likes Dirt
plus nintendo has pretty much laughed in the face off sony and xbox. they have dominated the console sceen, seen sales figures? and they did this with cheap hardware and a gimmicky controller, yet alot cheaper brand new rrp was $400, while ps3 was like closer to $900? This just proves that hardcore gamers are a minority and casua gamers are the key to the market.i personally hate my wii , i only bought it second hand for super smash brawl....In saying that nintendo have the best exclusives out of all systems (zelda, mario, even pokemon) are all major world wide cults...if nintendo bring a new zelda, mario.pokemon...they will sell, everytime

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
if nintendo bring a new zelda, mario.pokemon...they will sell, everytime
...............to parents and people under seven years old.
The Wii is intended for multiple people to play at once while the other systems are based on one person playing at a time. The Kinect system for Xbox and Play for PS3 are just gimmicks to offer them a way of something along the same lines as the motion system on Wii. A game should be played with a controller, not waving your arms at the screen.
I've owned every console since the Nintendo Entertainment System days and I will say now that I will not be getting this "Wii on U" crud. My Ipad will do just fine for tablet gaming and it won't look like a reported SNES game.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
horses for courses...

i wont play an FPS with anything other than keyboard/mouse
racing games and platformers are much better with a controller
i cant imagine some of the many and varied wii games working with either of the above

there is absolutely no doubt that PC/PS3/Xbox games are technologically superior to wii games, but does that make them more fun? the hardcore gamer in me will always want a little more depth than mario or donkey kong can provide, but i still find myself picking up the wiimote more than anything else and i know quite a few others that feel the same aswell. and if you have a few friends over for drinks, the wii is far FAR superior to the other offerings (especially as the night wears on and you can barely make out whats on the screen :p )

none of this means that the new wii will be any good, but the direction nintendo have been heading in seems a fair indication that they're more interested in innovating to create new ways of people having fun than simply adding shiny new graphics to CODMW 347 or HALO 583. dont get me wrong, shiny new graphics on a good formula works a treat and innovative new ways of playing doesn't always make for a good game, but i tend to get more excited about a new wii game these days than a new PC game (except duke nukem, thats going to be epic :cool: )