VIC New old stock rockshox uppers and lowers (sold)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I bought a bulk lot of bits and these are the bits I cant see a use for here (and that haven't been spoken for already). Uppers have uncut steerers and no star nut, lowers are minty but lack seals. Uppers do not suit lowers, sids need shorter stanchions. Also who's going to use silver stanchions on sids?

Item:
2x 32mm silver uppers, straight steerer, uncut and no star nut (i assume tora or similar grade)
2x 32mm SID world cup lowers, QR, 29er
Item Condition: new old stock. Some scuffs I assume from existing this long
Reason for selling: I have wayyyyy too much surplus forky bits
Price and price conditions: $40 for the lowers, $20 each for the uppers
Extra Info: will swap for some rockshox 32 internals or trashed forks, pretty much anything considered. Or I'll buy internals. Or trashed forks.
Pictures:

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RapidRob

Likes Bikes
Hey plank, I've got a bag of internals from a SID fork I bought a while back, you're welcome to it for postage. PM on its way and photo of parts bag to follow.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Added used set of Tora 26 lowers and revelation tapered uppers

Tora lowers $20
Rev uppers $40

Also keen to hunt up a set of old pike airs, pref U turn but will take standard airs. For some such rarity I'd swap a NOS revelation upper/lower set OR even my coveted straight steerer totem upper/lower set...

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What’s the steerer length on the Rev uppers? Safe to assume they are 32mm?
Also, I have 26” WC SID, do you know if I could swap on the 29” lowers without the need to change internal parts?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
What’s the steerer length on the Rev uppers? Safe to assume they are 32mm?
Also, I have 26” WC SID, do you know if I could swap on the 29” lowers without the need to change internal parts?
Yo dude!

192mm rev steerer, safely 32 (all 32 here except the totems)

And most likely. There's a massive amount of compatibility between 32 rs forks, in fact I thought almost everything was cross compatible till recently when I found the Sid stanchions are shorter than everything else. You might lose ~20mm of travel going to the long legs, depending on the sir spring you might be able to get that back by removing spacers.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I've got the Sid 26 lowers set aside for you. I won't need the revs though if I end up with a set of pikes...

Yeah that rings a bell. 20mm thru axle could come in handy!

Btw, tell @moorey his mate Hipstar still hasn't collected that ye Olde velocipede!

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yo dude!

192mm rev steerer, safely 32 (all 32 here except the totems)

And most likely. There's a massive amount of compatibility between 32 rs forks, in fact I thought almost everything was cross compatible till recently when I found the Sid stanchions are shorter than everything else. You might lose ~20mm of travel going to the long legs, depending on the sir spring you might be able to get that back by removing spacers.

Right, well I’m keen on those Rev uppers. They’ll go ace on the $50 set of RC3’s I bought for my young fellas future steed that only have a 175mm steerer and are allegedly creaky. What did you want for them?
Might be worth taking a set of SID lowers for a play around too even if they only end up at 80mm travel.
Let me know what the damage is with postage to NSW 2285 please.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Right, well I’m keen on those Rev uppers. They’ll go ace on the $50 set of RC3’s I bought for my young fellas future steed that only have a 175mm steerer and are allegedly creaky. What did you want for them?
Might be worth taking a set of SID lowers for a play around too even if they only end up at 80mm travel.
Pm incoming

If the NOS rev upper/lower set isn't spoken for I'll grab 'em. Put it on my tab :D
Pending pikes. Settle down

link1896

Mr Greenfield

I can rebuild that CSU. Don't bin it