New Planet X - Ridgeback Frames

Rik

logged out
Socket said:
Obviously it doesn't cost that much, because they were willing to use it purely for aesthetics, so why?
I wouldn't go as far as saying it obviously doesn't cost much, because sometimes companies are willing to spend a little more just for aesthetics...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah, I'm with Socket here, that quote smells of......MARKETING (read: BS). My line of thinking is that if there really was some tangible "performance" benefit they would have stated just what it was eg. increased strength/stiffness, better force dispersion etc. I think it's more or less purely asthetical.

S.

ex offender
Rik said:
Socket said:
Obviously it doesn't cost that much, because they were willing to use it purely for aesthetics, so why?
I wouldn't go as far as saying it obviously doesn't cost much, because sometimes companies are willing to spend a little more just for aesthetics...
Exactly, they're willing to spend "a LITTLE more"... nobody is gonna add 50% to the price of the frame just for aesthetics.

Rik

logged out
You never know, because marketing is what sells bikes, and aesthetics is part of the marketing.

Ty

Eats Squid
just to throw a few rumors and stuff into the topic, i've heard that they used that tubing with the "fake weld" because whoever supplied the tubing had drawn it for another application and had an excess so PX got it cheap.

secondly i've heard the frame is actualy going to be cheaper than most PXs (JFR & pitbull)

[/rumor]

Acadian

Pinkbike Pimpdaddy
Ty said:
just to throw a few rumors and stuff into the topic, i've heard that they used that tubing with the "fake weld" because whoever supplied the tubing had drawn it for another application and had an excess so PX got it cheap.
nah....

Ty said:
secondly i've heard the frame is actualy going to be cheaper than most PXs (JFR & pitbull)

[/rumor]
ya...like $100 Cheaper than last year's Jask Flash.