new saint cranks and chain guides

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt
can you run normal chainguides with the 09 saint cranks? i have a gamut guide and wanted to know if it will fit?

Krank Bikes

www.krankbikes.com.au
Dont know if the gamut will fit however there is no problem fitting either an MRP system 1 2, 3 or G2.

rsquared

Likes Dirt
Yep, gamut guide will fit on no worries but my 9 speed chain also has no worries fitting between the chain guide and the chain ring!! Apparently Gamut are aware of the issue and are working on a new guide asap.

pipes10

Likes Bikes
fitting the gamut guide is not a problem...the problem arises from the gamut bash (or any other bash that isn't a saint)...the chainring tabs on the saint cranks are 2mm thicker than normal...this creates a gap between the bash and the chain when mounted....if a non-saint bash is mounted and your chain slips it will wedge itself deep between the bash and chainring....the saint bash solves this as it has a step built into it....gamut has solved this problem as well but i am not sure they are available to the public yet

the other problem lies with fitting a regular gamut bash over a saint crank arm....u will have to file a few mms off so the bash will sit flush....again gamut has solved this