New Scott Voltage Freeride

hotrod

Likes Bikes
yea look like a good bike. i am thinking of getting one to use as a dh/fr bike and put totems on it. Not sure how it would go but. ive already done a google search, but does anyone ridden one or have info? :)

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
check out the latest AMB for a quick review

very versatile bike with heaps of adjustability, can be used for slopestyle, Freeride, and DH as a lighter alternative to the hefty Gambler I believe

wheres "Fat Ride" when u need him? I hear he's getting one...

Tye

Likes Dirt
It looks like the perfect all round bike. From dirt jumping and maybe a dabble in 4x all the way to dh racing.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If I was going to buy a new bike, this would be it.......Ultimate play bike, and I imagine with a Air shock and some lightweight tyres it would for a ripper of a XC bike for people with downhill ego's.

KonaAlec

Likes Dirt
yeah, I am also pretty intrested in getting one
does anyone know a retail price, hopefuly fairly affordable

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
<$3k for entry level, very adjustable: Replaceable dropouts and shock mount to tweak geometry. I'd buy the cheapest one and upgrade it with light parts + decent suspension. Would be more than ample for DH racing as well as "Freeride" and trail stuff. Might need a telescopic seatpost to prevent knee explosions though.

hotrod

Likes Bikes
does anyone know if these are out yet? Where to get one? or who is a full blown dealer of scott?
thanks in advance

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It looks like the perfect all round bike. From dirt jumping and maybe a dabble in 4x all the way to dh racing.
So from your description, I take it your personal definition of an Allround Bike is JUST those disciplines. Now lets not wheel out the old chesnut of "What IS Freeride?" argument, but seriously that bike has a very limited range of what it can actually do for the rider.
Wont go uphill.
Wont go long distance?
Wouldnt want to pedal it anywhere for that matter.

OK so if your really a SCOTT fan and have to have a bike that pedals up and BOMBS down, you probably will buy a RANSOM, so maybe this bike does fit into a niche market in North America & Europe, but where would this bike excell in Oz?

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
We will have a Scott Voltage FR 10 in our store as soon as they hit the shores.

PM Cedel for a ride review ;)

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
really keen to hear more about them.
seems like the perfect bike for me.

the current 19kg GT ruckus is a little bit porky for the XC bashes, lol!

REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!!

Any sydney dealers want to chime in??

sedition.

Likes Bikes
I was starting to look at lighter and more flickable freeride bikes primarily for DH. This one has gone to the top of the list.
I would be very thankful if someone can post up an initial impression or review for us with more snappy snaps.

sedition.

Likes Bikes
Just found on nsmb an article which goes through the all shock adjustment details, geometry and retail of the 2010 voltage bikes along with some nice pics.
http://www.nsmb.com/3271-scott-for-2010/
I converted the price to aud and was amazed at the value for money.
Just a few more pics i've found of all three models.:)
FR10

FR20

FR30

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did anyone notice that scott claim the base model (FR 30) is lighter than the mid range FR 20 and the upper range FR 10?

Last edited:

sedition.

Likes Bikes
Did anyone notice that scott claim the base model (FR 30) is lighter than the mid range FR 20 and the upper range FR 10?
Well spotted, didn't even notice that. It's pretty strange that the 30 is almost a kilo lighter than the 20 when the spec is actually very similar. Could the tires and shock make that much of a difference?

floody

Wheel size expert
One hopes these will be a bit sturdier than their previous 'freeride' offerings... Maybe fabricated in Multix foil not OSO.

loc81

Likes Dirt
So from your description, I take it your personal definition of an Allround Bike is JUST those disciplines. Now lets not wheel out the old chesnut of "What IS Freeride?" argument, but seriously that bike has a very limited range of what it can actually do for the rider.
Wont go uphill.
Wont go long distance?
Wouldnt want to pedal it anywhere for that matter.

OK so if your really a SCOTT fan and have to have a bike that pedals up and BOMBS down, you probably will buy a RANSOM, so maybe this bike does fit into a niche market in North America & Europe, but where would this bike excell in Oz?
Appropriate words from a Ransom owner ha ha!
Yes, the Ransom is the shit, but the only thing it can't do is the DJ aspect, to use a loose term. (which is more popular than flat bream caps at the moment) and I guess thats why this bike now exists.