New Simpsons opening credits

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Not bad, would have been better if Otto tried to smoke the isotope, though.

RCOH

Eats Squid
Pretty sweet. I like th einclusion of Maggie's Nemesis.

** But not the first time it has had a makeover. In series one Bart uses to skateboard past a bus stop and steal the sign, so the bus would drive past without satopping and the the townspeople would then run after the bus. But this changed to the 'bart skating down the footpath' after people complained it would encourage kids to do bad things or something.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
I remember that part, I used to think I was imagining things as no one else seemed to remember it. I'm not going insane now, at least the part of my brain that remembers the original Simpsons opening credits isn't insane.

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Longest Couch Gag... Ever!

Im betting its just a one off promo, not a new intro.

But then again... It has been a looooonng time since the intro changed. Which kinda brings up the point, if it ain't broke dont fix it.

mmmm, still, it is very funny.

20 yrs, thats an epic achievement. Heres hoping for another 20 :D

fieldy

Likes Dirt
There was a time when the simpsons was funny and not a lame childrens show. Looks like a big ad for HDTV (lines on the blackboard, the family's tv, the whole concept of a new intro).

The Simpsons died the same day Lionel Hutz died.

wootown

Likes Dirt
I LIKE IT
its good to see a change finally but it probally wont be out in australia for a little while yet lol

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ahaha I thought Otto was going to spark it up also.

As for the intro, I thought it was shit. In saying that I actually think all new Simpsons episodes are pathetically shit. Don't get me wrong I love the Simpsons but I can't stand the lame shit they go on with in the new one. Too much Marge and Lisa and not enough Bart and Homer. I'd much prefer to see an old episode I've seen one hundred times over than a new one.

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just watched this whole episode. Openings good. Episodes Crap.

I wish they were still funny. Atleast South Park keeps me entertained.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, I'll still watch the Simpsons (when I can buy them on bootleg over here) but never expect too much from the new ones. They're so fucking wooden. Script writers need a dose of the funnies.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
The Simpsons jumped the shark many seasons ago, they've been churning out novelty episodes ever since. The last new episode I watched Homer invented grunge, (in the older episodes it's the '80s when he reminisces, I suppose the '80s are ancient history to the youngsters of today). The Simpsons Movie had a lot of the old spark though.

timbo #48 STP

Likes Dirt
fair enough otto smoking it wold have been cool.
but without the clang of it hitting the gutter it's lost the ring and sharpness it had for me.

my 2 cents.