New Straitline stems unveiled at Eurobike

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
Well the lads from Straitline are over at Eurobike and they are showing of their latest creations. A pinch clamp stem and a direct mount stem to suit the BoXXer mounting system. Check em out...

Pinch Stem (This one is a 35mm reach):

Direct Mount Stem (28.7mm reach...135gm including all 8 bolts!)

When we have official pricing, colours and all available lengths we will throw something official up in press releases and on the site. But in the meantime you can have a gander at these :).

Cheers,

Ken

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks wicked as!! The spacers looks pretty snazzy, gotta love the logos on every spacer, even the midget one :p. Do you have any idea just a ball park figure on hwo much you expect them to be?

Cedel

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry, forgot that: 35mm/50 mm pinch clamp stems 164grams / 185grams respectively.

Also, here it is in blue with the new spacers ;):

Incase you can't see, around the steerer tube it say "Made in Canada Eh!", hahaha, classic!
Shame it will be hidden by the top cap of the headset. :p

Any 25.4mm versions coming out aswell?

csd

Likes Dirt
Nice, Straitline do some quality looking parts. That bronze stem would go nicely with my pedals... :)

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
Shame it will be hidden by the top cap of the headset. :p

Any 25.4mm versions coming out aswell?
All straitline stems will run 25.4mm bars too with Straitlines custom designed and CNCed in house self-locating reducers :D. All stems use identical face plates and the same self locating reducers too, just to keep things nice and simple.

That looks wicked as!! The spacers looks pretty snazzy, gotta love the logos on every spacer, even the midget one :p. Do you have any idea just a ball park figure on hwo much you expect them to be?
I haven't got pricing yet, but I would be ball parking the pinch at $130-$150 and Direct Mount at $145-$175.....don't quote me! :p

I am giving Mike a call tonight so will try and get the prices for everything so we can get it up ASAP.

Cheers,

Ken

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They look nice, but for the boxxer stem, looks like you will have to cut the steerer almost flush, to get a spacer and top cap below the bar.

I have a SUNLINE boxxer stem ($90) which looks similar, about 40mm reach. Wonder if such a short reach (28mm) will affect high speed steering stability?

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When I die and go to heaven I want to be anodised and laser etched...
Damn, those stems are so sweet. Makes me want to get a DH bike to put one on!

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What happened with the sneak peak months ago? I couldn't find the thread days later. Was it removed? Good to see more info though.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I just got a new bike, and there's nothing at all wrong with the stem...

...yet I still want to buy one of those.

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
Rightio, got some official RRPs for anyone who is interested.

Pinch Clamp: $155

Direct Mount: $175

We are getting an order shipped early next week with some of these, be sure to place pre-orders if you are keen!

Cheers,

Ken

poiter

Likes Bikes
Mmmm. They look damn tasty. Hey wasn't it Straitline that used the wedge in their clamp? Have they done away with that system, or am I overlooking the obvious?

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
Mmmm. They look damn tasty. Hey wasn't it Straitline that used the wedge in their clamp? Have they done away with that system, or am I overlooking the obvious?
Sure is Straitline with the wedge stem. No, they have not done away with this design. They have just expanded the product range, the pinch clamp offers a cheaper and lighter (there's no wedge there for a start!) alternative to the wedge clamp system.

cartman

Likes Bikes
The pinch clamp looks the goods but have just got a direct mount so unfortunatley no need:( or would be up for one.

Lorday

Eats Squid
Rightio, got some official RRPs for anyone who is interested.

Pinch Clamp: $155

Direct Mount: $175

We are getting an order shipped early next week with some of these, be sure to place pre-orders if you are keen!

Cheers,

Ken
Ha I want a pinch stem!
Anychance you'll go under the RRP for a fellow FARKIN member?

poiter

Likes Bikes
Pixsoul said:
the pinch clamp offers a cheaper and lighter (there's no wedge there for a start!) alternative to the wedge clamp system.
Damn. Cheaper and Lighter. That wedge system must be the shit then....either that or it's one of those cunning industry ploys to separate the working class thinking man from the over-paid dick heads. Heh heh. :D