New Titanium frame - Ti project

Gripo

Eats Squid
you must be some kind of gazillionaire!

that thing is sooooooooo slick!

Post your expensive parts threads.....

Seeing the above posted comment, I couldn't help but think of the quote below.

he seemed more like someone who realised MTB is a world of 15 year old kids who know nothing and can be made a captive audience with a bit of spending.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice vids Justin...makes me laugh 'phwoar bottomed to the MAX!'.

Keep up the fine component choices. I'm sure I wouldn't be out of line to say the more mature of the rotorburn community understands your love for the build even if you don't ride that much.

Bodin

GMBC
I'm sure I wouldn't be out of line to say the more mature of the rotorburn community understands your love for the build even if you don't ride that much.
Damn right - by the same you get to my age (34) and you have a 50-hour-a-week job, a kid, 2 dogs and a billion things that your missus reminds you that you haven't done yet, all you can do is occasionally sneak in to your garage late at night and sincerely apologise to your bikes for not riding them.

I'd still rather be riding than postwhoring, but long live bike "art" like Justin's builds.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn right - by the same you get to my age (34) and you have a 50-hour-a-week job, a kid, 2 dogs and a billion things that your missus reminds you that you haven't done yet, all you can do is occasionally sneak in to your garage late at night and sincerely apologise to your bikes for not riding them.

God that sounds familiar.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Too frickin' right.
I've resorted to wrenching a heap of my stuff instead of riding it these days because it's 9pm by the time I've finished with the kids and cleaning up the house and I can leave bikes in various states of disassembly in the garage half way through.
Doing that on a ride isn't advised...! :D
Most of the riding now is play biking on short rides close to home.
That and towing my eldest around on her trailer bike hooked up to my $5k Giant Trance 0!
Justin, the bike's looking great.
I thought you weren't happy with that frame, though...?

Lorday

Eats Squid
Nice vids Justin...makes me laugh 'phwoar bottomed to the MAX!'.

Keep up the fine component choices. I'm sure I wouldn't be out of line to say the more mature of the rotorburn community understands your love for the build even if you don't ride that much.
Ha, I sense sarcasm from JF. He rides nearly every 2nd day, along with some of the other guys from BMU. Still a bike whore though.

rayza

Likes Dirt

I'd still rather be riding than postwhoring, but long live bike "art" like Justin's builds.

2nd time quoted, but its nice to hear there are others that share the same pain...

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At your age you've achieved more than I have Bodin. I'm 34 too, and as you know, just engaged last month. I have a feeling I'll be catching up to your dog and child situation real soon!!! ;)

The fact is that in just a little over a year since I've gotten back into riding I've:
- Quit smoking (but I now drink more bahahaha)
- Ride a trail at least once a week (sometimes more of-course!)
- Ridden on trails I've never ridden on before (many more to do too!)
- Entered the NRMA careflight ride (entered again this year too), killed my previous Gong ride time and did the Dirtworks (100km next year!)
- Met a lot of great people who share the same passion
- Ridden at night on trails a fair bit lately, something I've never done in the past.
- Founded the Bikesmoveus.com forum/community
- Work for my local bike shop MC Cyclery

Maybe doing a real ride out on the trails once a week isn't that much in comparisson to some, but it's enough for me. I don't feel I need to do any more (ie: I don't get upset that I'm not out there riding every single day) and yes, call my bike building projects an obsessive compulsive thing, but I love having bikes as a passion and no I don't feel at all guilty about some of the bikes I build and sell, or don't ride as much as the Reign (or more recently my Anthem).

I'm working on yet again another project (surprise surprise, new thread, maybe, tommorrow! :D

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remeber this thread... actually - it was before I vetured below DJ / 4X / Street fourm