New to Sydney and keen for some riding info :)

Norco1

Likes Bikes
Hey everyone,

I moved to Sydney a few months ago and keen to get back into the dirtjump and street/skatepark scene (haven't been able to ride nearly as much as I've wanted to lately due to, well life and miss it)
I'm wondering if there are many groups that go street riding around town/urban areas (not much fun doing it by myself).. Or even skatepark riding..

And I'm keen to get back into the dirtjump scene too after coming from Adelaide which have some great locations. I've been to Monster Park and know of Castle Cove (which I'm yet to visit).. Are many other places or even groups?

Any help or tips would be great!

Cheers,
Steve

Depends on where abouts you live mate
I'm usually always at the homebush track in the afternoons just because its so close to mine

a few of us cc riders go out to dulwich hill every now and then, but a few of us are down because of surgery and holidays so we havnt done a ride in a few weeks.

im a local at thornleigh, which is a pretty good park if you like boosting shit, and im always up for a street ride in the city. i work near five dock skatepark too so i can sometimes go up for a quick ride after work.

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fivedock is sick, if you like going really high. I wouldn't worry about Bondi, wasn't worth my trip.

Norco1

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the help guys!

I live at Chatswood for the time being which looks pretty central to most things. Five Docks looks really good fun, and I've walked past Bondi but looks pretty skate/scooter dominated..

What's it like riding around town singlespeedfreeride? Any good spots in particular?

Will definitely have a trip to a couple of these places and check them out! Really need to build my confidence up again lol! Haha so if you see a tall guy riding a riding a black Giant STP with white rims come and say hi :)

Thanks again!

i was just at chatswood skatepark today! ill be the short guy on a gunmetal grey frame with no branding and a black fox 36.

theres a few spots i know but im not local there, so theres plenty to ride that i probably dont know about. near imax there are some good banks with a hip, if you look around a bit you cant miss them, theyre under the bridge. hyde park has some stuff, theres a cool little hop over a ledge next to a stair set thats pretty fun, and theres a spot in st peters park that has an awesome wall you can ride all the way to the top of. also been thinking about riding down that big metal slide in they playground, but theres always kids around.

thornleigh is sort of like a mini five dock, but it has lights on until about 9:30 so you can still get a decent ride in after work. its about half an hour by train from chatswood. id give it a go one night and see how you like it.