new tracks in blue mountains.

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
hay i live in blackheath and often ride the lithgow and blackheath dh tracks as well as obr but thats now closed. but i went out and rode near blackheath tip today just because i was curious and i saw there was some normal cross country mtb tracks and also a bunch of motor bike stuff as well.
but i thought that there could be a lot of potentail for a place like that because there is alot of just little tracks you could develop, a LOT of fire trails and clear spaces. in there clear spaces you could probably develop some dirt jumps or something. the open section are closer to the tip not so far along ridgewell rd (a dirt road that goes to hanging rock). the small tracks you could turn into dh tracks (on the right hand side of the road more because there is a fire trail called hat hill road fire trail which finishes near the blackheath sewerage system. there is a road just there were you can get picked up and get shuttled to the top of the fire trail again if you wont. you can go down the fire some of the way then go of into some sigletrack type stuff. i rode the fire trail on my cross country bike and it was really fun even just rolling it,on a downhill bike though you could gun it and absoulutly launch off the water bars. you could also have a single track type thing down one of the little gullies with would join up with the single track from the fire trail.over near the tip you could have some large jumps and drop type things as well as some northshore type wooden stuff if people wanted it. the tip iis about 15 minutes from the station and another 5 minutes to the top of the fire trail if you didnt have a car. and the ride back up from the sewerage system to the station is about 25 minutes on a downhill bike. (personaly i would be too lazy to do that but i would just get a lift off my mum).

we can put in an application to the council if this actualy happens. and the other good thing about this area is there are no houses near the area to annoy. you might find the rare ocational dog walker going up or down the fire trail but only very ocatioaly.

please if your in the area or even if you just wanna help it would be absoultely awsome to have a couple of build days or something. if we got it done it would be a great place with lots of diffrent styles to ride.

im not so sure how to put in pic's but ill try making a link it might not work. also im not sure how to mark the pic to show were to go and spots and all that.

it a rough overall area.
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...014,150.292218&spn=0.012008,0.019248&t=h&z=16

the tip were you could have dirt jumps, big dh jumps, drops and northshore stuff.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...919,150.289688&spn=0.001501,0.002406&t=h&z=19

area for were the dh track and were the fire trail. about 3/4 down the fire trail were it turns quite sharply and then join the big green section is were you could have single track and some jumps and stuff.
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...487,150.296241&spn=0.006004,0.009624&t=h&z=17

a closer view of were it joins the single track part.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...085,150.298821&spn=0.003002,0.004812&t=h&z=18

a section of the gully singletrack part. (in the middle of the map were it shows the more thined out type trees it would then join on to the green section part.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...933,150.296144&spn=0.006004,0.009624&t=h&z=17

you will have to maximise the page to get the full view.

thank you very much from louie and i hope it will end up going ahead.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
The tip area was looked at a rejected by council in it's report. with all the crap going on in the Mts at the moment please don't start digging just yet. Contact Nerf herder or Kingie to get thee latest on the advocacy group

Last edited:

Kingy

Likes Bikes
Dhlouie's suggestions for new DH tracks

Hey DHlouie,

Mate awesome input love your work, i will have a chat with the other blokes running the show and we will ask the man form the council to recommend your site as a proposed area for a Downhill track.
In the mean time there is nothing stopping you roosting the fire road, excellent work on you presentation it was well planned and presented.

Cheers

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
thanks for that comment kingy. just wondering if you have heard from the council yet? cause Im getting a bit board so it would be good to get a new track going. also have you heard anything about if council are making a new track in blaxland or somewhere?

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
come on guys, try and make this happen. it would be great to get another riding spot in the blue mountains. just wondering if anyone has heard about council doing anything to replace obr?

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
As has been explained several times, these things take time.

Yep it's a pain

Yep we'd all like to get on riding and digging

nope it aint going to happen over night and seriously 2 months is overnight in the pace councils are able to move

Have patience mate.