New trading section categories

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Admins,

Just noticed the new categories within the trade section to include 29ers, 650b and hardtails. Just wondering if the hardtail section should be renamed to something a bit more universal to cover all DJ/Slope bikes, just because currently there's not a specific place for short travel jump bikes. Would assume they'd get advertised in that section anyways but may help avoid anybody posting ads in the wrong sections.

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Change "XC/Enduro" to just "XC"

Hey Mods,

Really pleased to see an update on the subheadings, however NOWHERE on the net outside of Rotorburn is still considering "Enduro" to be the marathon 6-12-24hr race format. There is a Enduro World Cup now, so its pretty damn clear that this is the current understanding of the word.

A suggestion if I maybe so bold just title it "XC" - the sub-forum as its stands is a mess.

If anything it should put in with "Trail"... "Enduro/Trail". Am I right??!!!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Frame size in template

loving the new sections in the BSS, while it may be a little harder for some to grasp, so many bikes end up in the wrong category these days so these new dedicated sub forums are perfect.

now if there was just one for people selling bikes who dont want to list the size of the frame!

can that be a suggestion for the template frame size as a separate item? if i had a dollar for every.....

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Good job mods/admin, the changes since yesterday look much neater and less confusing with the new categories. trail/gravity enduro - top work!

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Yeah I had a bit of a brain fart when I first started altering the categories. Hopefully now they're a bit more legible.

The state prefix is now mandatory.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I'll do some moving today. Your threads havent been moved so far, as I've simply dropped the enduro part off the Cross Country / Enduro sub forum name.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice - new cat's are good!
It does appear that the code to remove sold items is not running across the new(ly created) categories though.
Al..