New 'trail' HT frame for ~1k AUD

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a medium Primal if you wanna check it out, let me know. I'm based in Bunbury.

edit - I see you're an L frame size so maybe not so useful to test ride an M. It's a good handling bike, I've been running it slightly underforked at 130mm, and just recently swapped to 140mm. So recently that I haven't actually ridden it since.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I have a medium Primal if you wanna check it out, let me know. I'm based in Bunbury.

edit - I see you're an L frame size so maybe not so useful to test ride an M. It's a good handling bike, I've been running it slightly underforked at 130mm, and just recently swapped to 140mm. So recently that I haven't actually ridden it since.
My roadie is a M, I'm between sizes depending on brand as I'm 178cm tall.
I am looking at underforking as well with ~120mm to start with and increase as I go on.

I dropped a note to the Perth Banshee distributor as well, and he indicated ~$1500 rrp but could do better than that so I think thats currently top of the pile...

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm 176 cm, there's not much room for a shorter person to lower the 150mm dropper, reach is a bit on the short side at 430mm.
It doesn't feel bad but all the cool kids have more. I think I'd like about 460mm.

Rorschach

I'm 176 cm, there's not much room for a shorter person to lower the 150mm dropper, reach is a bit on the short side at 430mm.
It doesn't feel bad but all the cool kids have more. I think I'd like about 460mm.
Sounds like that'd be too short for me - current bike has 450mm according to the website and feels a bit cramped.
Cheers for the offer though

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
I have ridden a 100mm XC bike, 100mm DJ bike (with gears) and an NS Clash (130mm forks, 26') and I could hit everything around Kalamunda on the Clash. I'd honestly look at the Honzo if I was living back in Perth. It would be a heap of fun around there and I wouldn't hesitate taking it to the "other" trails nearby and The Goat Farm. My physio has a Honzo ST with a 130mm fork, but lives in Hobart. He has done almost everything at Maydenna on it...

Calvin27

Eats Squid

Appears to be in stock...
Damn that looks so nice and affordable. I really need to stop following this thread....

Rorschach

I have ridden a 100mm XC bike, 100mm DJ bike (with gears) and an NS Clash (130mm forks, 26') and I could hit everything around Kalamunda on the Clash. I'd honestly look at the Honzo if I was living back in Perth. It would be a heap of fun around there and I wouldn't hesitate taking it to the "other" trails nearby and The Goat Farm. My physio has a Honzo ST with a 130mm fork, but lives in Hobart. He has done almost everything at Maydenna on it...
Honzo ST and Paradox are the frontrunners at the mo

PJO

in me vL comy
Honzo ST and Paradox are the frontrunners at the mo
Good choices to short list!!
I have ridden both and can say that the Paradox is very nice, but wouldn't be unhappy with the Honzo (non-ESD) either, especially the newer one which is designed around a 140 29er fork.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I have spares for a 27.5 no boosty - sorry to hijack but anyone got a 27.5 no boosty thru axle frame in large for cheap lol?