New Zealand Bike Parks.

Painey

Likes Dirt
So in NZ where is the best place to ride DH?
With chairlift acess.
Couldnt find anything of use searching, if someone knows of a thread can you post it please.

When I was there last year in Rotorua in the redwoods forest there was trail that was built just for downhillers or rather, I only saw downhillers and guys on big bikes riding it. Can't remember the name of the trail though.

doin

Likes Bikes
Yeah Rotorua is awesome if you're up on the North Island, there's a trail called Little Red Riding Huck that has about 80 tables linked by sweet berms, the jumps are not big but it's heaps of fun. Then there's the National Downhill track, and a few other downhill singletracks, all reached on the shuttle bus.

onedollarodent

Likes Dirt
Yeah Rotorua is awesome if you're up on the North Island, there's a trail called Little Red Riding Huck that has about 80 tables linked by sweet berms, the jumps are not big but it's heaps of fun. Then there's the National Downhill track, and a few other downhill singletracks, all reached on the shuttle bus.
Hey Doin,

Did you guys do your own shuttles in Rotorua, or did you pay for access via a company???

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
spanky loved rotorua.... +1 Rotorua. The world cup track wasnt open then... :(

no shuttles, only peddles.... but so frukn worth it.

Rotorua and taupo both had nice tracks... rotorua has some seriously wicked tracks...

spanky'll upload some photos soon, that show none of the tracks..... umm, just trail head signs really....

this place does shuttle runs at rotorua... http://www.southstaradventures.com/ Im sure there are more.

spanky

Last edited:

mtber56

Squid
When I was there last year in Rotorua in the redwoods forest there was trail that was built just for downhillers or rather, I only saw downhillers and guys on big bikes riding it. Can't remember the name of the trail though.
The track is named Taniwha was a previous NZ Nationals Track may have been Ocea,s as well.Also the 1000 jump track and Billy T,s for fun runs. Unfortunatly 06 worlds track was on private land so cant be ridden as most was put back to origanal condition after race

Last edited:

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
spanky loved rotorua.... +1 rotorua. The world cup track wasnt open then... :(

no shuttles, only peddles.... But so frukn worth it.

Rotorua and taupo both had nice tracks... Rotorua has some seriously wicked tracks...

Spanky'll upload some photos soon, that show none of the tracks..... Umm, just trail head signs really....

This place does shuttle runs at rotorua... http://www.southstaradventures.com/ im sure there are more.

Spanky
stop talking in third person omg

dh in nz

try www.dhnz.com

these guys are based in methven, Mt Hutt and do organized tours in the south island if you have the money - they also do heli biking !!

they also do shuttle days on the Mt Hutt track

Rhys