Newbie Alice Springs

Awood

Cannon Fodder
Hey everyone, first time post, thought I'd say g'day.
Names Adam, 25yo electronics tech
I've been in Alice for 6 months now and have just bought my first dually. The riding here is sublime. I'm told there is over 400km's of single-track to find. It's just getting into the hotter months and riding late afternoon just as the sun is setting provides some spectacular views.
Definitely should be on everyone's MTB bucket list.
Anyway, hope to hear from some of you in the future, chat about riding destinations, parts etc. I'll post up a pic of my flash gordon new bike in the AM show us your bike thread :peace:

Ghostee

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone, first time post, thought I'd say g'day.
Names Adam, 25yo electronics tech
I've been in Alice for 6 months now and have just bought my first dually. The riding here is sublime. I'm told there is over 400km's of single-track to find. It's just getting into the hotter months and riding late afternoon just as the sun is setting provides some spectacular views.
Definitely should be on everyone's MTB bucket list.
Anyway, hope to hear from some of you in the future, chat about riding destinations, parts etc. I'll post up a pic of my flash gordon new bike in the AM show us your bike thread :peace:
I could not imagine anything worse than riding in the Alice.
Surely you need special heat proof tyres to stop them from melting??!!

Perhaps an Austrlian version of Rampage though down Uluru?
Might be frowned upon...

Awood

Cannon Fodder
I could not imagine anything worse than riding in the Alice.
Surely you need special heat proof tyres to stop them from melting??!!

Perhaps an Austrlian version of Rampage though down Uluru?
Might be frowned upon...
Riding in the middle of the day is out of the question this time of year. Early morning or close to sunset is fine but. In winter the weather is perfect but.

Haha tyres don't melt, but the thorns and prickles here are brutal.

I thought the exact same thing as I was climbing back down the rock , you would need some serious brakes but its so steep!

gregp

Likes Dirt
I've seen the Flow vids and it has been on mu bucket list since. I've ridden Flinders Ranges and loved it. Alice looks much better.