Newcastle Builders

Roy Turner

Likes Bikes
Hi guys,

Recently been getting back into the dirt jump scene. Seems a lot of the older trails and sets I once knew about are all but flattened, unmaintained or just gone. Seems a shame to think that the scene is almost died out.

If there are any builders out there of private trails that want a spare shovel, barrow, pair of hands or even an eski of beers weekends or week days let me know. I always respect the no dig no ride rule and ill show you mine if you show me yours ;)

haltz

Likes Dirt
You checked Barnsley out? They were running pretty good last time I got them running again haha havnt had a dj bike for a while though but I see a couple kids with decent bikes coming out of there a few times a week so hopefully they're keepin them running, same story with killi. Other than that there's a few well kept spots running you just gotta ask the right people to let you dig (not me)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You checked Barnsley out? They were running pretty good last time I got them running again haha havnt had a dj bike for a while though but I see a couple kids with decent bikes coming out of there a few times a week so hopefully they're keepin them running, same story with killi. Other than that there's a few well kept spots running you just gotta ask the right people to let you dig (not me)
I thought they were gone the way of the dodo...

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
anything up Medowie way?..going for a new job tomorrow up that way, might become the local after work spot!
So, Barnsley has gone has it?..was going to get over there on the w/e for a recon around

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anything up Medowie way?..going for a new job tomorrow up that way, might become the local after work spot!
So, Barnsley has gone has it?..was going to get over there on the w/e for a recon around
There used to be a decent set of trails near Raymond Terrace (back in '06-'07...), and I'm sure that some kids would have built something around Medowie - but whether it's anything quality is another matter.

haltz

Likes Dirt
There used to be a decent set of trails near Raymond Terrace (back in '06-'07...), and I'm sure that some kids would have built something around Medowie - but whether it's anything quality is another matter.
Those terrace ones were they the ones based on and around the big concrete slab? I loved those but I'm talking still on 20" for me so that's goin back at least 12 years haha
Nah Barnsley is still there

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Barnsley, EK, Valentine - they've all gone?
Those terrace ones were they the ones based on and around the big concrete slab? I loved those but I'm talking still on 20" for me so that's goin back at least 12 years haha
Nah Barnsley is still there
Well there you go. I haven't been out there for ages but had heard they were done about 18 months ago. I'd heard similar of EK about 2 months ago from a few kids I know that live in the area, but they may not have been right either

What about the Belmont stuff near the hospital? I haven't been there for many years. I wouldn't be surprised if they are gone or disused.

bennyp1

Likes Dirt
I was near Ek on sun and no sign any more. One of the young punks at work is a 20 in dirt jump dude. I will ask him what still exists.

disappearin

Likes Dirt
Was a real nice set out near greenhills... they still going?
Im happy to lend a hand if its needed to get some going again. Its been a few years since I've been on my dj bike and im old and a little busted up these days but will give it a crack and try to relive my youth!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Was a real nice set out near greenhills... they still going?
Im happy to lend a hand if its needed to get some going again. Its been a few years since I've been on my dj bike and im old and a little busted up these days but will give it a crack and try to relive my youth!
Greenville...as in east maitland? Used to be the highway jumps about 12-15 years back. Right on the side of the new England at the entry to Ashtonfield. Or some others down near Thornton.

Lots of used to be...I still love a bit of a lash, but prefer to hit up trails these days. Its a sweet arse bonus when trails and jumps co-exist.

EK are basically dead due to trees down everywhere
Barnsley were running last time I was there
Kahibah ones are really worn and need some love
Belmont Hospital ones were running last time I was there but they weren't the greatest
Medowie were running last time I was there but just also use some love
Killi needed love last time I was there

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
any chance of getting a map together of where all these sites are..if more people know where to go, more people will try to fix them up so they can ride them..
I tried to find the Barnsley jumps today, all I could find was a few shitty dirt 4x4 tracks where scumbags have driven down to dump their rubbish!..i parked opposite the school oval and headed west straight into the bushland, but found nothing!

You have to keep going down that fire trail you walked down for a while mate. Youll pass a 50s track on your right hand side, just keep following it.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Dammit...I wish I had read this again before I headed out there today!
I found the minimoto track and thought it was the dirt jumps, so I had a look around and then headed back to the car.
Lucky for me, I had already ridden Glenrock and Cameron park jumps just prior to heading out to Barnsley..G-Rock still remains the better choice so far.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Dammit...I wish I had read this again before I headed out there today!
I found the minimoto track and thought it was the dirt jumps, so I had a look around and then headed back to the car.
Lucky for me, I had already ridden Glenrock and Cameron park jumps just prior to heading out to Barnsley..G-Rock still remains the better choice so far.
Best laugh of the day! The Cameron Park jumps...those piddly lumps of gravel. A great example of poorly executing a good idea.

If I knew how, I would get the council to build some lovely dirt jump and bmx type track in the middle of the city.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
any chance of getting a map together of where all these sites are..if more people know where to go, more people will try to fix them up so they can ride them..
I tried to find the Barnsley jumps today, all I could find was a few shitty dirt 4x4 tracks where scumbags have driven down to dump their rubbish!..i parked opposite the school oval and headed west straight into the bushland, but found nothing!
No because none of them are legal and there are bike riders that ride around reporting illegal building, yep, I know two people that do this.
If it's not legal or you didn't build it keep it to Private Messages.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No because none of them are legal and there are bike riders that ride around reporting illegal building, yep, I know two people that do this.
If it's not legal or you didn't build it keep it to Private Messages.
Shit! I added them as strata segments!