Newcastle / Hunter Riders

morticus

Likes Dirt
Some asshole has pushed the car off the stump where it was safe, to across the track and propped up against a tree. Not entirely bad, because it can be pushed further again, but it is going to take out the section of track that is dug into the side of the hill. Can i suggest a few of us meet out there this weekend to address this issue? Unless you are scared of a shovel

pinnin

Likes Dirt
Some asshole has pushed the car off the stump where it was safe, to across the track and propped up against a tree. Not entirely bad, because it can be pushed further again, but it is going to take out the section of track that is dug into the side of the hill. Can i suggest a few of us meet out there this weekend to address this issue? Unless you are scared of a shovel
I have been pretty occupied lately getting my motorbike running right, but im good for saturday if anyone is heading out?

morticus

Likes Dirt
Lets set a time later in the week. The recent rain has screwed up some some of our recent digging efforts, but not too bad it can't be fixed. I will be working this weekend, but should be able to get out there for a couple hours at least on Sat or Sun.

timt1566

Likes Bikes
I will try and get there by 10 if I can, got a wife and 2 kids that are sick. gonna punch out some runs aswell or just track maintenance.

morticus

Likes Dirt
Hey Tim, don't think I will get much riding done tomoz. But that car needs to be shifted. I have a mate that's keen to help will head up there about 2pm? Might try for a ride Sunday or Monday with shuttles though if you are keen. Message me on 0403380105, definitely going tomorrow arvo though to sus this hindrance out

Beau.

haltz

Likes Dirt
How'd yas go with the car? We're back from south now so will be around for the rest of the weekend and keen to dig and ride, only done about 10 runs down there Brett got hurt so we cut the day early (check Instagram for the pic of his ankle)

morticus

Likes Dirt
His ankle looks cactus! If riding out there i would suggest walking thought the first section as there is glass n stuff all over the track. Got the car moved... Just.

morticus

Likes Dirt
Shuttles tomorrow afternoon anyone? I understand there is a build day at Ourimbah, but I will head down on Sunday for that. Maybe a sneaky couple the loaf?

SLoz

Likes Bikes
build day

If anyone is keen myself and a few of the lads are doing some trial work tomorrow, on a dh trail close to newcastle, after recent rains there's been a fair amount of damage to the track.

Going to be there from 9am-3pm if you want to come help out. You'll find us at the lower section near where it exits the bush on to the firetrail.

If you want to but cant make it, PM me and we can always organise another build day!

SLoz

Likes Bikes
Thanks to everyone that PM me about building, looks like there's a fair few riders that ride this track. If your available on any day for some trail work, let me know and ill organise it.

After 2 build days, most of the lower section has been repaired. No more massive ruts, just sweet drops and berms.

thinking of moving to the upper section, just need some supplies first and some help.