newcastle riders

freeboy

Likes Dirt
sup folks.
anyone free tomorrow?? im pretty mashed with tiredness, but might end up havin a cruisy one at barnesly tomorrow after lunch if anyone is keen.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
See you there Neb. I'm headin out to killy tomorrow around 7:30 till around 10:30 doing a bit of dh. I'll be on a norco aline so if you see me come say hey.

Nebuchernezzer

Likes Dirt
Bastard!
I've been back for two weeks :(
I'm also thinking of swinging by Eleebana after Killi just to have a look about, never been to that track, it's still there right?

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm also thinking of swinging by Eleebana after Killi just to have a look about, never been to that track, it's still there right?
Last I heard it got pulled down and demolished by council. If not the track builders pulled it down to save all the materials. I was at Killy this morning and everything seems pretty good.

Nebuchernezzer

Likes Dirt
Bugger
Yeah i've been out to Killi twice in the last two weeks, been about a 6 year break from downhill for me.
The track is pretty good still, some interesting new tracks out there, the drop and pallet berm is interesting.
The bermed section near the bottom is pretty fun and i made (as in got accross them, not as in modified) the jumps last time i was there which made me feel pretty good about myself.
Havn't lost tooo many of my skills haha.

You should go out there again tomorrow ;).
I'll be there with two mates, we are all slow though haha.

Last edited:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah i've been out to Killi twice in the last two weeks, been about a 6 year break from downhill for me.
The track is pretty good still, some interesting new tracks out there, the drop and pallet berm is interesting.

You should go out there again tomorrow ;).
I'll be there with two mates, we are all slow though haha.
Ok well if you get the chance I'm headin out to Glenrock this arvo around 3:30 - 4:00, and will be there till around 6 so If you get the chance come out.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can't sorry mate. No way to get out that far and I'm on an A-Line. I'm not jumpin Dippers on an A-Line :p

freeboy

Likes Dirt
Can't sorry mate. No way to get out that far and I'm on an A-Line. I'm not jumpin Dippers on an A-Line :p
youve seen my aline with the monsters right?? well before i got my hardtail set up i dirt jumped my aline out at barnesly... so dont say it cant be done. but yeah, thats how i ended up crushing my elbow...

Jordy

RYD4LF
youve seen my aline with the monsters right?? well before i got my hardtail set up i dirt jumped my aline out at barnesly... so dont say it cant be done. but yeah, thats how i ended up crushing my elbow...
dont be stupid rob.

there is no chance you'd get anywhere past the second dirtjump at barnsley. maybe when they were tiny back ages ago when you told me you'd ridden them. however they are pretty massive now.

Backies into foam are alot easier than them.

also - I saw your old hardtail cruising around islington a week ago and then yesterday afternoon some smacky guy was sitting on it at the bowl with a girl that looked like a hooker. Diff forks. but still same micro drive and frame colour... its definetly your one though. had the dodgy rear tyre with the red sidewalls I believe

Nebuchernezzer

Likes Dirt
Had a good couple of runs out at Killi today, i think my fitness is slooowly returning to some extent to.
I was rather pleased with my own riding, hit a few drops and jumps and didn't stack it, i keep forgetting to take the camera out though.
Then went to central coast with some mates and bought a Specialized P2 and a DaBomb DJ frame between us.

freeboy

Likes Dirt
ahh ha, i thought it would never turn up.
u got any more leads on that?? id like to hunt it down if at all possible.

and yeah, it was a while ago when i was doin barns on the aline, but they dont seem much bigger now? maybe they just seemed bigger cuz i was smaller. pete was doin the first 4 on his dually when i was out there the other day, very impressive.

dh4eva

Likes Dirt
well im in newy every tuesday and wednesday and im always keen for a ride so if ne1 else it let me know

Jordy

RYD4LF
ahh ha, i thought it would never turn up.
u got any more leads on that?? id like to hunt it down if at all possible.

and yeah, it was a while ago when i was doin barns on the aline, but they dont seem much bigger now? maybe they just seemed bigger cuz i was smaller. pete was doin the first 4 on his dually when i was out there the other day, very impressive.
the first few arent that big. its more the reaction time and steepness... but the rest you'd have no chance on a dually....

no more leads. I dont particularly wanna get stabbed by some smacky over a bike you got payed insurance for. I did note it going into a building. just as you cross hamilton railway tracks heading into islington on the right hand side it was going into a big building on the corner. this building also has some dodgy chinese and a strip club in it. prob not people you'd be wanting to fuck with.