Newtons Nation and Rocky Trail Entertainment are joining forces in 2012

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Hell yeah. Scored permission to use the same little DH track as last year too but will have better access to the finish area!!!

[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/video/171881/[/video]

And remember the 2060 is more than just a DH race

http://www.newtonsnation.com.au/sports/mountain-bike

[video=youtube;SmGE8-Zt_mI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmGE8-Zt_mI[/video]

Last edited:

djsmitt

Likes Dirt
So we are using the same track as last year now? I thought we were using a new one down the front of the mtn?

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Same or similar track to last year. We didn't get the ok from council to go down the front of the mountain.

jeffery

Cannon Fodder
so does this newtons race goes towards the points for the nsw state seris?

just a little bit confused

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Not impressed with the $220 entry, to the point where I don't know if i'll even enter.
The $220 get you 3 days of shuttles instead of the usual 2 and entry to the festival including VIP competitor area. It's not just for the race. We kept the price at the same level as last year as far as I know.

thecat

The price gets you $180 worth of festival pass and camping on top of your entry to both DH and DS.

Ask those who attended last year. Most thought it was well worth it.

cjm102

Likes Dirt
Where do I start?

Firstly, we are part of the entertainment, aren’t we? So as entertainment and attracting spectators we need to pay a premium price to ride?. 90% of the riders aren’t going to see any money and so that makes about 90% couldn’t care less how much money is on offer. Also I don’t see a discount for the people who can’t attend Friday (not everyone can get time off work) and these people are force to pay $110 a day, on top of that is camping fees etc. At $220 it’s more then I pay for a national round.

As for the track, it’s a 2min track! Then it’s a 5min walk to the busses. Yes it has shuttles for three days, but the first day is mostly spent wearing the grass away (it’s not a used track). Last time they made changes to the track over first two days. After practicing something for nearly two days and with a track this short, it makes a big difference in the end. This is not a premium track.

Last year they also struggled with shuttles, when the busses were fully loaded they didn’t have the power and couldn’t make it up the hill. Chris Kovarik, Nathan Rennie, one other rider and myself were forced to get out of the bus to lighten the load, it wasn’t just up the hill but the driver had gone all the way back to the car park and left us on the side of the road. It was stinking hot and was left with no other choice but to start walking. Not a premium service either.

I did have fun and I’m probably not making much of a point, but you can see where I’m coming from. It’s a lot of money for a race that isn’t that special.

Im waiting for the flameing to begin

Last edited:

cjm102

Likes Dirt
The price gets you $180 worth of festival pass and camping on top of your entry to both DH and DS.

Ask those who attended last year. Most thought it was well worth it.
Both DH and DS $250 + Camping $25 = $275 thats a lot of money for most people

thecat

Where do I start?

Firstly, we are part of the entertainment, aren’t we?
You're competitors. Yes, that is part of the entertainment but lets be honest, most people there looking at the sports are there for the luge, to put things in perspective to it costs $295 to enter the luge. They haven't been required to build a track or supply timing....

These things cost money to put on. the entry cost is based on what we predict we need to make it worth while hosting. Simple as that, last year we ran at a loss, that is not sustainable.

No flame suit required.
If you don't think it's going to be worth it, well it's a shame but it's OK, don't enter. It's your loss as well as ours.

Hopefully enough people do think it worth the price to be part of this great festival.

Last edited:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
snip.

Chris Kovarik, Nathan Rennie, one other rider and myself were forced to get out of the bus to lighten the load, it wasn’t just up the hill but the driver had gone all the way back to the car park and left us on the side of the road. It was stinking hot and was left with no other choice but to start walking. Not a premium service either.

I honestly wouldn't be complaining about walking up the hill with rennie and Kovarik.....