NewZealand road trip

downhiller96

Likes Dirt
Hey guys me and some other buddy's are heading to NewZealand on 'Enduro Road trip'. We are flying to Christchurch then driving to Queenstown to do some riding at the Skyline bike park. Our end destination will be Rotorua bike park and then drive back to Christchurch. I have a few questions and general questions about the place and trails their.

Have you been on our kind of journey before, if so did you like it and why?

What are some sick trails you have ridden within the space of Queenstown and rotoura?

Any tips on places to stop and have a look?

Any websites to kind of plan the journey accommodation wise. (using cheap powered caravan sites)

cheers and i hope to herar how you guys went

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Any tips on places to stop and have a look?
Just got back from NZ yesterday and the highlights were:

- Craigieburn ski field (an hour out of ChCH towards the west coast), especially "The Luge" that goes down from Linden Saddle. Drac is also ace.

- Wolsely Forest in the Port Hills - it's going to become a bike park with a chair lift in the future, but for now locals have built heaps of insanely good trails in there. Try "T3", "Moose Knuckle" and "Fight Club".

- Coronet Peak in Queenstown - got up there a few days ago and the chairlift was running (half price) along with shuttles to the bottom of Rude Rock! Top of Coronet Peak down to Rude and then Zoot is one hell of a run. Also have the Skippers option now.

- 7 Mile just out of Q town

- Sticky Forrest in Wanaka - "Kooza" jump track or "Dizzy Turns"

- Clyde Enduro track above the dam

- "Greenwoods" in ChCh

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
Rude rock in QT is a must. Google Queenstown bike taxis, these guys are a great resource. I would only buy half day tickets for the QT bike park, it's too draining doing more than that (for me anyway). Wear body armour. Make sure you eat at Fergburger in QT.

Sounds like a great trip, don't get injured!

BLUMAN

Likes Bikes
Rotorua is a long way from Queenstown by car especially for return trip you'll need a couple weeks probably 3 if you want to get any serious riding done in between all the driving. This road trip will also require a Ferry ride across the cook straight. Last time I check the ferry was in the order of $200-300 for a car and driver. Not sure on what's down south, but l grew up in Hamilton, lived Auckland & Wellington and holidayed in Rotorua, so once you get to the north island heading up from Wellington:
- Makera Peak, Wellington. There's some really nice single track there.
- If you want to climb big/steep hills and bomb some fire breaks head across the harbor to Lower Hutt. Look up the Karapoti Challenge Race in the Akatara Valley, Upper Hut.
- I've heard rumors about National Park, but never ridden there so not sure what's actually on offer or where in the park.
- Craters of the Moon, Taupo. + the round the lake track
- Then on to Rotorua

If you end up in Auckland, head out west to Woodhill, They used to have quite a bit of northshore type stuff, but haven't been in years so don't know anymore.