XC Nicolai Ion G13

SDA

Likes Dirt
Yeah I reckon do it again. The rubber band over the lever trick will push any last air bubbles up into the lever.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
How are the peddling characteristics on the G13?
I'm sure an enduro rider will say it pedals like a HT when in actual fact it's a 130mm trail rig as per its intent...
Add in 250g per end of high density pool noodle creating a secondary buffer to the bump transfer into the shocks and I'm sure it's a whippet

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, it wasn't supposed to be a tongue in cheek dig. I just know you've been on a lot of bikes over the last few years, including Yeti and Specialized and wondered how it might compare. I know a lot of those bikes also started out relativity light weight and slowly progressed to bigger tyres, inserts, coils etc. It looks like this bike you've gone straight to something you know works for your riding style and terrain.

Reactions: Zaf

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been doing the same thing, but in reverse. I'd been buying bigger bikes and running wide sticky rubber and being the "I don't give a shit what it weighs" guy. But I've realised over the last 18 months that I really enjoy a light weight, active and twitchier bike, eg. XC bikes. To the point where my 130/140mm modern trail bike has sat dormant for the last 6 months while I rode the crap out of my second hand, 5 year old geometry XC whippet.

It certainly pays to ride different bikes because everyone's got different tastes. I'd love to try that G15 of yours out somewhere like Falls Creek or Bright to see what a big plow machine can really do with some big grade descents

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Haven't ridden so much, Iwas out of the country for a little bit; had to fly to Bali so my girlfriend could brake up with me. So I got back and comfort bought a pair of TRP Quadiem G-Spec brakes off Facebook to try and start filling the hole left.
The Maguras have been holding well after the last bleed to them, as much as it pains me to admit, I think it was just a bad bleed on my behalf. What I am noticing, after almost a year of only riding the G15 on trails (and a Sutra Commute...tra) that I was so used to how the Quadiems feel that I was just completely missing my brake points and power when on the Maguras. So instead of re-learning, a deal came up, I grabbed it, this gives me a common control point on the quiver, as well as halves the spares and bleeding equipment I need to carry.

The Maguras will go to a good home. I've got a mate in Townsville who just bought an Evolink 131, but the base build's one weak point is that it comes stock with SRAM Level brakes.
That is fucking rough. I hope the Quadiem's are super soothing. Any chance to move sooner and make it a clean slate?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I've been doing the same thing, but in reverse. I'd been buying bigger bikes and running wide sticky rubber and being the "I don't give a shit what it weighs" guy. But I've realised over the last 18 months that I really enjoy a light weight, active and twitchier bike, eg. XC bikes. To the point where my 130/140mm modern trail bike has sat dormant for the last 6 months while I rode the crap out of my second hand, 5 year old geometry XC whippet.

It certainly pays to ride different bikes because everyone's got different tastes. I'd love to try that G15 of yours out somewhere like Falls Creek or Bright to see what a big plow machine can really do with some big grade descents
Coming off a 160mm Reign my 140/120 travel trail bike DOES feel like a whippet.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
“Doing wheelies to forget my feelies”
brilliant. Stealing that phrase for future use.

Sorry to hear about the breakup mate.

Vote 1 newcastle, you still owe us sydney guys a visit.

Reactions: Zaf