Nin

bradh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
(Should have posted this yesterday...)

I went to the nine inch nails concert in Melbourne on Wednesday night. In short, it fucken rocked. I don't listen to their stuff so much these days, and I don't even have a copy of their new album ( :eek: however, I'm now going to pick up a copy ASAP...), but I've always been a huge fan, and I can safely say that it was the best concert I've ever been to. The sound was dialled, and they played a perfect mix of songs, moving seamlessly between some of their more melodic stuff and stadium-shaking rawk. I could feel the bass bouncing around my chest cavity, and my hearing's still a little dodgy.

I was just wondering if anyone else went, or is planning to go (in other cities)?

btw, if you're a fan, but have been trying to decide whether to go or not, do it! I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Rik

logged out
I'm off to the Pavalova to see them tomorrow night. I would've loved to go to tonights gig, but procrastinated with buying a ticket.
Oh well, it should be pretty good, I'm not a huge fan of the album work, but can imagine when it's put in a live setting with a band behind it, it'll be pretty good.

Bjern Fita

Likes Bikes
Was there on Wednesday...

and you're right, it did rock. Sweet playlist, although (this is opinion obviously) I think they played 3 of the weaker songs from the new albumn.

I was in heaven when they played Burn and Dead Souls (my personal favourite). Head Like A Hole was magic.

zids

Likes Dirt
a good mate of mine is going tonight, and i was so close to going with him shame i made "a prior arangement", oh well i hope everyone who sees it love it!

bradh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bjern Fita said:
and you're right, it did rock. Sweet playlist, although (this is opinion obviously) I think they played 3 of the weaker songs from the new albumn.
yeah, i'm not familiar with the new album, but i can say that i didn't enjoy the new stuff as much, although maybe that's just because i didn't know all the words... :)

Bjern Fita said:
I was in heaven when they played Burn and Dead Souls (my personal favourite). Head Like A Hole was magic.
dead souls is also one of my favourites; i was a bit surprised, but very stoked, that they played it. having said that, pinion/wish would be a close contender for my all-time favourite nin song, and when they opened with that, it really set the mood, as far as i was concerned.

hysteria85

Likes Bikes
Went on friday night. Bloody amazing, great setlist, best show I've been to. Apparently at last nights concert Trent said something about being back in less than a year.

Loved dead souls as well, it was one of the songs I was desperately hoping they would play. I think something I could never have was one of the highlights, those drum effects are just too cool. The band Trents put together was great as well.

Head Like A Hole was magic.
yeh, the whole crowd jumping in unison was pretty amazing, great end to the show

stupid people not being able to clap in time, didn't get to hear cool slow part in starfuckers :p

Last edited:
My brother went Friday and Saturday, and he is just raving about it. Says it was pure gold.

Soo pissed off I couldn't get tickets.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was amazing, went to the brisbane show on monday night. A great variety of songs, and Dead Souls was certainly a surprise.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
You were there Josh? So was I. It was awesome. Best band I've ever seen live.

As for the stuff off the new album I reckon they made the right choice with the songs they chose. The drumming in "You Know What You Are" along with the lights was soo good.

Rik

logged out
From what I remember, it was a pretty good gig. For some reason, it felt a little flat, banging out of songs with no talk in between could've contributed to that. The started early, ploughed through the set, and finished early. It was solid, and you could tell that they were all great performing musicians... although the guitarists antics were a bit over the top, his instrument flailing was more suited to a hardcore/emo gig than a NIN show.
I was fairly impressed, but at the same time, I've been spoilt for gigs of late so it takes alot to really love the show. A bit more crowd interaction and some more creative lighting would've made it a whole lot better. Those lighting columns had the potential to display some pretty psychadelic images, I just wish they were used to their full potential.

Oi Rik Saturday was the better night of the 2.

My brother nearly scored Trents (?) guitar. He was half a meter away, but he didn't want to get into a biff though.