Seatpost - Maxm Carbon
Front brake -Avid Elixir CR
Rear brake -Avid Elixir CR
Cranks - FSA Carbon Pro Team
Chain - SRAM PC1
Pedals - Shimano
Cassette - Niner 19T Cog
Wheels - American Classic 29er SingleSpeed
Tyres - Schwalbe Racing Ralph (2.4 Front, 2.25 Rear)
Tubes - Running Tubeless
Total weight - 8.4kg

rone

Eats Squid
Very nice. How have you got on with the wheels? Lots of bitching about them online, but I ran my American Classic 29er SS set for 2 years without so much as a re-true and zero freehub issues.

_SK_

Cannon Fodder
Thanks folks!

Gearing is a 32/19 combo, which is about standard for an XC setup on a 29er. It's seems a good ratio to ride up about 98% of the trails I ride and it's a good ratio for fast single track. The trails that are I can't ride up, most people on a geared bike would find it difficult.

The wheels have been quite good really. Have had them since Aug last year and the bike is probably ridden 2-3 times a week including 6 days straight at Rotorua in Oct. The rear got a little buckle in it on day one, but since then they have been great and stayed true. They came installed with Stans rim tape and worked tubeless first go. Freehub is still great even though we have had a lot of rain in Brisbane lately.

The only negative would be how soft the rims are - I have managed to put 3 dings in the rear rim, nothing to effect the tubeless seal which is good. The front rim though is pristine. $900 for a 1600g set of wheels that look that good - Can't go wrong with that.

Last edited:

ray

Likes Bikes
Niners are lovely ain't they..i just finished building this up a while back, first bike i've ever owned that fits perfectly first time up...hav'nt adjusted a thing from 1st build.

looking at a Jet soon...

Ray.

Attachments

taquar

Likes Dirt
I think i've seen you out at Mt Cootha before _SK_... I distinctly remember seeing a blue 29er exactly like yours out there at some point. :D. If you ever see a guy out there with a clay coloured Giant hardtail with RS Pikes and a 1x9 setup on it, that's me! :D.

Bike looks great, never actually seen a bad Niner to be honest, must just never happen! :D

_SK_

Cannon Fodder
Thanks mate. I have been MTBing for over 20yrs and it's the best bike I have ever ridden - and probably the fastest.