No Email Notifications

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Hi guys,
For some reason, I guess about a week or two ago, I stopped receiving email updates/notifications for my subscribed threads. I've even not getting emails for new threads I've commented in over the last couple of days.

I've had a look in my profile settings, they're still set to "Instant Notification". I've tried logging out and back in again, but still to no avail.

Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers!

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
Yeah same thing has happened to me, which is annoying when you get emails - thankfully I am on here daily so i eventually see emails and alike.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Cheers Scott!

Just another thing I've tried, still to no avail, was to set my subscriptions to "daily" (still no daily emails), and then back to "instant", but still no love!

Let me know how you go! At this stage I'm now going to my Profile -> Subscribed Threads to check what's happening with things I've posted in ;)

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Cheers Scott!

Just another thing I've tried, still to no avail, was to set my subscriptions to "daily" (still no daily emails), and then back to "instant", but still no love!

Let me know how you go! At this stage I'm now going to my Profile -> Subscribed Threads to check what's happening with things I've posted in ;)
Did you end up sorting this out? This has also happened to me recently, no email notifications on all my subscriptions. Checked my email settings, forum settings, firewall settings, ISP email/spam settings... Still no love :(

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Nah, still haven't managed to figure it out unfortunately.

About a week ago I did get a single notification about a PM, but haven't had any more after that (I have received a few PMs since).

It's really strange, but hopefully they'll be able to figure it out ;)

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
I've just sent my first PM for a while so it'll be interesting to see if I get any email notification..... Maybe they just don't like us :):)

Isildur

The Real Pedant
OK, so an update for those still affected by this issue. Over the last couple of days, I've done the following in order:

- Opened threads in a new tab that I was interested in keeping my subscription to (man, there were a lot of old threads and for sale things that didn't need to be there ;) ).
- Deleted all of my current subscriptions.
- Resubscribed to the above tabs.

This still didn't change resolve the issue unfortunately.

I then changed my email address under my account to another one I use, in this case my Hotmail address. This seems to have gotten the email notifications started again!

I'm going to change the email back to my day to day account and see what happens. My day to day is a Netspace account (so anything under the iiNet umbrella may be affected). I'll report back once I know more!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
The plot thickens further. Changing my email back to my day to day address (Netspace Account) resulted in not receiving the re-activation email (has always been instant). Thankfully, although still unable to post, I was able to go and change my address to a 3rd address I've got (Gmail) as I figured that would be the final piece of troubleshooting and the activation email came through straight away.

Looks like my day to day email provider is not letting the emails from Rotorburn through. I don't have any other issues with any other forum notifications, so I'll be on the phone to them today to try and see if they have it blocked, why they do and if I can get ask them to add it to a whitelist of some kind.

So, the moral of the story is that the RB system is fine, it's my email provider. MudRhino and NUMBER5, are you guys using Netspace or any other iiNet subsidiary? If so, that may be your issue!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Recently we've had some members not receiving emails from us on their Bigpond account but switching to an alternate email provider has worked. There's some strange folk in the woods.............

Isildur

The Real Pedant
When i talked to iiNet yesterday, they mentioned that although he couldn't see anything wrong on their side specifically, he did say that they are currently on 1 or 1 blacklists (SpamHaus) due to a customer being infected with a virus that was sending out tonnes of email.

He suggested that as the vBulletin system is doing remote sends, perhaps any going to the blacklisted IP range are affected. Although that doesn't make sense to me as incoming shouldn't be effected, that's all I've got right now!

In the short term, until it's resolved, I've got my RB account setup with my Gmail address and have setup my Gmail to automatically forward any emails from RB to my day to day address. That's been working fine now for the last week or so!

I hope that helps some others who may be affected!

I dunno about the Hotmail account situation though.